SAU Community

Need Help!!: Climate Control for R32

Hello, i recently bought my r32 skyline gts and the climate control is not displaying anything on the screen at all. The buttons like up(when you turn the lights on), and if you press on of the buttons the air-con will work straight away.......

So the climate control display isn't working and i can't figure out what it is, i've checked the fuses......but their okay. Someone installed a cd player in the car before i bought so maybe they disconnected something????

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks :cheers:

yup.. when I got mine it was like that.. had to replace the unit. They are temperamental and dodgy.. sometimes shaking it and so forth will put the contacts back down. Also someone on here redid all the soldering and it worked well.

I have the same problem, used to tap the bottom of it and it would work for half an hour or so and then turn off again, but since I put my deck underneath that's a bit tricky now. I've pulled it apart a couple of times now and the problem seems to be the contacts from the circuit board into the plug (if you pull it apart you'll see what I mean), as when I put pressure on certain areas it would work. I think I'll have to just try and bend the contacts a little to ensure that they actually connect, but I think it will be a try and see approach and could take a while. Hopefully I can do it fairly soon and if it works I'll let you know.