SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

Can someone help me with this? I have an R34 GT-T and I know I have it setup right but this boost controller does'nt seem to work on my car... it builds boost up to the 12 psi I want... but then at 4.5k rpm-redline, it drops off down to 6psi... anyone know why this is? I've installed many many boost controllers and have never had a problems with this untill I've started using manual boost controllers on my cars.

It could be your headlights have a bad earth!

Sorry, I thought I would make some crap guesses too.

Have you checked to make sure the factory control solenoid has been disconnected as this will limit your boost to 6-7psi once the ECU detects overboost? And on the R34's the boost cut is around 12psi.

Thankyou, please come again.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed mine yesterday. Started at 5psi felt like stock, wound up to 10psi, felt like my ECU didn't like it but it hammered, wound down a fraction and got 7psi up until 5000rpm where it just reached 8psi... Quite happy, and you DO feel it come on boost quicker.... and i'm running stock everything else!

The bottom end (opposite from the allen bolt) goes to your intake pipe (that goes directly to your throttle body, the side feed goes to the turbo (wastegate actuator), and the last hose left over will come from the pipe that leads to the BOV. put a nice big screw into it, then hose clamp the pipe over the screw to make sure it doesn't come out. The factory solanoid can be completely unplugged (hoses) and left hooked up to the ECU (wiring).

Chalk up another satisfied turbotech customer. :)

When my first one did not turn up in the post mark sent a second one out for free. The first one ended up return to sender to him the day i recieved the second one in the mail.

Easy to install, first run out with no adjustment ran completley steady 10psi (exactly the amount i wanted) with no spiking or drop off at high revs that i've seen sofar. I also agree with what others have said that the car seems to get on boost earler, okay its not a massive increase, but the product performs like something 5 times the cost IMO. Highly recommended :)

I brought one a while ago and I love it I dont think ATM I will have a need for a electric Boost controler for a while as I have no need to boost that high. I own a GFB and that thing spiked like crap this has a little spike but its 1 PSI Who cares about 1 PSI and it hold all the way to the red line very nice I love it.

when you say "factory solenoid can be completely unplugged", is that just the 2 stock hoses that can be unplugged, do i need to loop these solenoid nipples?

The two hoses from the stock solanoid can be removed completely. The solanoid can just sit there with nothing connected to it. You're bypassing it completely... although... if you hide the new boost tap, you might want to run some long black hoses in a loop off the solanoid so that it looks connected to something. (sleeper style)

I too am another happy customer. Installed it as it came and my poor little standard turbo went upto 1.2bar... so a minor alteration and Ive bumped it back to 1bar.

Too easy! EBC Killer!

:)

JK

how come i can't seem to access the link on page one to buy it :P i really wanted one ....*cries......I WANT ONE!!!!....where can i buy it? can;t find in ebay search..dunno where else .... can you please help out a friend in need of more boost?....*sobs

email [email protected] and ask him to send you one

Sam was the person who actually co-designed them.

I had my car tuned by Dr Drift on Saturday and swapped my Leakosmart Dual Stage EBC for one so I could get over 16psi. Running very nicely on 19 now!

Edited by 3lit3 32

[email protected]

say u want one, he'll give u bank details, deposit and give him ur address, and thats pretty much it.

this still holds for those who want to email the guy who appeared here directly. should read the whole thread, but i guess at 100 pages its a bit much to expect :D

maybe a mod can edit this into the first post so people know what to do?

Hi,

my knowledge is limted with boost units,

I just email to buy 1 as well,

can some 1 give me instructions oh how to install them?

Maybe it mentioned b4, in this thread, but its been 31 pages,

and GOOD son of rajab I can not read them all, i must have missed it.

Thanks alot for ur helps,

cheers,

darrien