SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

ive sent mark an email on wed or thurs and posted in this thread and he still hasnt replyed....?

anyone know the best way to contact him?

cheers

It took him a while to reply to my initial email but I suspect he's quite a busy guy, this is obviously not the only thing he does. Once he replied, service was excellent.

Unfortunately for me I can't seem to fully fix my missfire issue under high boost so for now I can't run over 11-12psi :thanks: So my controller isn't getting a real workout :)

Ben.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two old songs come to mind "Communication Breakdown" and "Silence Is Golden".

Purchased a boost controller on Ebay - money cleared my account on 29/5. Have subsequently sent 3 E-mails thru' Ebay and a further E-mail thru' this Forum. To date nothing!! No repsonse, and definately no boost controller. Not even a comment in this thread from Mark in this thread to say he has 'family issues' or he is 'busy' with his daily employment. Me thinks this is a little sloooow.

this is exactly why i see no issue with buying them of jrdsport on ebay - sure mark came up with a good idea, but a definite lack of solid customer service is not a good way to go about business.

it should be really simple for him - when he doesnt have time to attend to things, dont advertise them on ebay. when we see he's got 6 ads on ebay, one would assume that means he has sufficient time to tend to those sales, if he had none then we could assume he doesnt have the time right now.

but to still attempt to sell things at times when he may be afk for a week at a time isnt the best way to keep customers happy.

I've bought plenty of stuff off ebay in the past.

It appears to simply be the ebay way, no communication apart from the 'payment received tag' that is often selected anywhere up to 4-5days later when realistically transfers only take a working day or two.

I've got one up for grabs. Still new in bubble wrap, I bought it for my 32 but have decided to sell it so I don't need the boost controller.

Asking $25 delivered Australia-wide.

Please PM if interested.

I've got one up for grabs. Still new in bubble wrap, I bought it for my 32 but have decided to sell it so I don't need the boost controller.

Asking $25 delivered Australia-wide.

Please PM if interested.

ill take it :(

this is exactly why i see no issue with buying them of jrdsport on ebay - sure mark came up with a good idea, but a definite lack of solid customer service is not a good way to go about business.

it should be really simple for him - when he doesnt have time to attend to things, dont advertise them on ebay. when we see he's got 6 ads on ebay, one would assume that means he has sufficient time to tend to those sales, if he had none then we could assume he doesnt have the time right now.

but to still attempt to sell things at times when he may be afk for a week at a time isnt the best way to keep customers happy.

I really hope you're speaking from experience and not just slinging mindless stupid shit around the forums trying to slander someone because you got burned with an un-secured ebay sale one time?

Mark's service has been nothing but exemplary, I said Mark took a few days to reply to my request, but once he did I had the thing within 3 days of payment, that to me is great service.

I don't believe anyone else in the past has had problems with his service, so I really hope you're not just trying to slander him with no experience with his service for yourself.

Ben.

I really hope you're speaking from experience and not just slinging mindless stupid shit around the forums trying to slander someone because you got burned with an un-secured ebay sale one time?

ive bought 2 from mark, one from JRD. i bought the one from JRD due to the time and lack of communication in receiving the second (and just to see what JRD's service and product was like). no idea why i would be worried about ebay when we buy from mark outside of ebay. i wish mark was able to give us some definite idea when he has the time to process orders and when he doesnt - that way we dont need to even consider the JRD ones - but when we might be waiting 2 weeks for a delivery, it doesnt give buyers a lot of confidence.

Mark's service has been nothing but exemplary, I said Mark took a few days to reply to my request, but once he did I had the thing within 3 days of payment, that to me is great service.

I don't believe anyone else in the past has had problems with his service, so I really hope you're not just trying to slander him with no experience with his service for yourself.

awesome justification - because the service was good for you, it MUST be the same for EVERYONE. the first i bought i had no issues with at all. the second i bought i did have issues with timing and communication. ive had first hand experience of both. sure, you can say you havent had any problems with him, but that doesnt mean no one else has

it is also obvious you havent read this thread at all, because even mark acknowledged his problem with delays in sending things out, so how you can say there hasnt been any issues when he himself acknowledged it is beyond me (not to mention the 15-20 or so people who've posted in this thread enquiring about postage times and delays)

Edited by NewKleer

it is also obvious you havent read this thread at all, because even mark acknowledged his problem with delays in sending things out, so how you can say there hasnt been any issues when he himself acknowledged it is beyond me (not to mention the 15-20 or so people who've posted in this thread enquiring about postage times and delays)

Obvious that I haven't read the thread huh? Well just fyi, I have actually read the entire thing, long before I bought my own controller 2 weeks ago. I don't recall any posts complaining about a turnaround time of more than 5-7 days, which is perfectly acceptable to me. Perhaps I missed a post or two? Even if you're right and Mark could pick up his act a bit, he's only human and he has a solid track record so maybe he deserves a bit of respect/trust? Instead of just throwing around useless slander, you could perhaps put a positive turn on it and suggest ways he might better improve his service, WITHOUT the snide, smug and bitter digs in between. There's nothing I despise more than customers who's attitude is all about "Your life only exists to serve me".

awesome justification - because the service was good for you, it MUST be the same for EVERYONE. the first i bought i had no issues with at all. the second i bought i did have issues with timing and communication. ive had first hand experience of both. sure, you can say you havent had any problems with him, but that doesnt mean no one else has

Oh really? Please quote me so that I can see where I said that just because my service was top notch that there was no feasible way anyone else could have experienced bad service?

What I said was that my service has been exemplary, and every other reply on this thread that I've read personally has said the same to a maximum of 5-7 days turnaround. THE ONLY thing I said to you was that I hope you're speaking from experience not just throwing around keyboard warrior slander trying to sound like the e-rights guardian hero for everyone else. Since you are speaking from experience, your opinion is as valid as my own.

Please take the time to read what I say instead of just reading what you want into it and trying to make me look bad.

Ben.

postwhores. lol!

chill out people.

I have a bit more to add on the topic of the boostcontroller.

I have had it fitted to my car for over a year and have recently noticed I am getting boost spikes of about 3psi. I pulled the controller apart and have found the spring has developed fatiuge. it is slightly compressed in the last 2 coils.

This could be a combination of heat as my controller is close to my turbo, mind you it is mounted to the strut tower so no closer than a lot of factory components. and secondly mechanical wear.

I would advise to monitor your boost is you have been using one of these controllers for more than a year.

Just for the record, I will be replacing the turbotech controller with another turbotech. as I still believe they are a fantastic product and cannot fault their performance. My new one will be mounted atleast a foot from the turbo :thumbsup:

I don't recall any posts complaining about a turnaround time of more than 5-7 days, which is perfectly acceptable to me. Perhaps I missed a post or two? Even if you're right and Mark could pick up his act a bit, he's only human and he has a solid track record so maybe he deserves a bit of respect/trust?

There were quite a few at two distinct periods, about 8 all up where the wait was around 2 weeks or so (only a couple longer than 3 weeks). i could post all the post numbers up, but after re-reading the thread, i think i have to side with you on this one, the far majority of people have been happy with his service, and with that many dealings theres bound to be some issues from time to time.

I have suggested previously that all he needs to do is find a way to inform us of his availability in sending out the devices. Like i mentioned - perhaps if we see him not advertising any on ebay, then we can assume he's a bit busy at the moment (but unfortunately thru the two periods where he was having problems, he was still advertising them on ebay, which just meant more of a build up of people waiting on him).

Given you said you read the whole thread before buying, you would have noticed that 95% of my posts were positive towards mark, it was just a little annoying that people would have a reason to buy from JRD to begin with when JRD is obviously a rip off of marks one, but for those wanting some guarantee of getting theirs delivered in timely manner during the periods where no one received any replies from mark, they had no alternatives.

Thanks for at least making me review what ive said - there were 2 distinct periods where there were lengthy delays, but both times mark ended up getting back to people and explaining the delays. Given the lack of complaints recently, I think we should assume that there is no longer any issues and no reason not to buy them from mark.

I would advise to monitor your boost is you have been using one of these controllers for more than a year.

Just for the record, I will be replacing the turbotech controller with another turbotech. as I still believe they are a fantastic product and cannot fault their performance. My new one will be mounted atleast a foot from the turbo

let us know how you go with a longer line to wastegate/boost source and whether it effects lag at all. ive got a boost source post intercooler on one of my setups and it does spike in the lower gears (where rampup is quicker)