SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers markimak. :huh:

and how does "lag" or lack of boost for a good 5-10 secconds sound for the lag in my head???

hrmmmm as i said its only my resutls, as its aslo a s15 not a skyline... different motor turbo different everything. altho the pressure control system is all the same with a MBC

5-10 seconds....you've got to be kidding. I'd say there's something wrong with your car, or you installed the controller COMPLETELY wrong

I'd imagine he'd be slightly exaggerating - it does feel like a long time though prob about 1-2 secs to get full boost back, doesn't sound long but when your flyin along it feels like 10 secs... And no, its definately not in our heads lag is lag and somehow i dont think the boost gauge is making me imagine things either. Regardless - they are much better with the hole.

yes it was exaggeration but its atleast a good 2 secconds b4 i started to see boost pressure again.

neways i fixed the problem now, its all good now with the hole...

can ppl please post up how much boost in PSI they are runnin with this controler just to get an idea of what pressures do what with the MBC

How big should the hole be??? I ran 24psi in the middle and its dropping to about 19psi at the top end. I dont know whether its the boost controller, stock BOV or what??? Going to try the actuator arm at that boost level but it did drop a little when i set it at 21psi. Maybe i should try the BOV. I dont mind really as my tune is nice and safe with the reducing boost top end

Hi,

I'm in Christchurch New Zealand.. I'm after one of these controllers but no-one wants to post..

I'd be very keen to pay your $25 AUD + freight to NZ + a bonus if you were keen on sending to New Zealand.. I can transfer funds via paypal if you're keen..

Thanks,

Scott Roberts.

Hey there is a guy on trademe selling these -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-88305457.htm

I'm guessing these will work exactly the same. I'm in the process of getting one now, will let you know how it runs

I've been keeping a close eye on these from since the beginning and have recommended & convinced many mates to buy one :)

Now... Just recently I've decided to listen to my own gospel and bought one myself! Makes a big difference compared to the previous GFB Atomic Bleed Valve I had in there and I haven't fully tested it yet (damn traffic in way atm...)

Update: Just tested it on 12PSI. Makes a MASSIVE difference compared to my original GFB... Feels like untuned car has a turbo lurking in it again instead of N/A acceleration. Also in regards to the "no hole = lag between gears", I don't seem to see any issue, I change gear, split second later its on full boost again.

Edited by fluent

I think the recent change in design has stuffed it.

My old turbotech works flawlessly, I've had it on mine and another rb30det gt35r .82 ext. gate and it works 100% perfect.

Just get one of these, improved version of turbotech and has 1mm hole on them, i use one and i swear by it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JRD-Boost-Controlle...1QQcmdZViewItem

i got one of these last week, at first i wasnt very impressed with it. The one shown on ebay was blue anodised with brass fitting san dstainless steel bolts what i recieved was a unit sprayed black with vice marks on each side, brass fittings and a s/s bolt. Thats about my only complaint about it visually.

Installed it piece of piss. Initially set boost to about 15psi on a RB20+R34 turbo. Was proabably a bit much for the turbo and would bleed of to about 13-14psi. Wound the screw out a bit to 13psi and it holds it sweet now.

i decided this mornin to try drillin a hole in it figured if i stuff it it's only $25 for a new one.

Anyway drilled a 1mm hole on the opposite side to the actuator barb i was worried i might of drilled the hole a lil bit to far down. fitted everythin back together and threw it back on my car.

All i can say is every1 should do this!!! my boost needle no longer drops below 0 on quick gear changes. Boost still bleeds of a lil at high revs but seein as mine was droppin 2-3psi b4 at hi revs i'm not really phased.

An easy 5 min mod has made my car performe heaps better.

hmm..

well ive paid for 4 controllers 2 with holes and 2 without holes. i dnt want my GTR being a test mule love it too much so the GTT and the S14a will be the poor guinea cops. the S14a would pull a carlength on the GTT. but since then the S14a has had a full exhaust. so the GTT is gonna get one of mark's controllers to start off. i will do a full write up of how mark's controllers run with the predilled hole. and the non drilled.

stay tuned.

mark.

this is a bit wierd, the last 65 pages states how good these perform, then in the last 5 pages, some of you say how crap they are until you drill a hole.

sounds to me you guys got no clue

lmfao.

Quite the opposite actually. You have no clue.

The design of the ball/spring mbc has changed from its origional. Before it was great with its origional position of the relief hole, now with no hole or having the hole higher up near the adjustment bolts thread its not so great.

There MUST be a form of relief otherwise the actuator will hold the wastegate open. Without a hole or some form of internal relief it will create a feeling of spool being lazy when you select the next gear. It may be that the bloke who makes them has forgotten to drill a hole or placed the hole slightly too high causing the bolt to foul with its relief operation. Some have had no ball bearing in their bleeder so there IS a small quality issue, but for the price they are who cares.

Once again. LMAO. :/

this is a bit wierd, the last 65 pages states how good these perform, then in the last 5 pages, some of you say how crap they are until you drill a hole.

sounds to me you guys got no clue

Ovisously you have no idea...

Do you have both forms of the controller? The thread was started with the initial design that INCLUDED the hole - BTw i am still pretty happy with a $25 contoller that i had to drill a hole into to work better than most controllers over 3 times the price if not more.

Edited by R33silverS2