SAU Community

front brakes rubbing on rim :S

just wondering what i can do about this

on my front wheels the brake caliper is rubbing on the rims

its fine i can still drive allright, but i dont know how good this is for either my rims or my brakes, the nissan written on my calipers has been slighly grinded away, is there anyway i can fix this without having to buy different rims

thanks

-Ruffels

btw i have an r33 gts-t

and aftermarket 18" rims

this is the sort of thing that can happen when you get wheels with the wrong offset.

You have the answers.....file down the "Nissan" 'til you have clearence or get spacer plates 2 or 3 mm thick

Yeah, Wheel shops sell small thin spacers that will puch your wheels away from the calipers a tad. They shouldnt cost more than $5 each.

I have been using them on my car for years and years now with no problems. No way did I want to file down the word Nissan D:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can the spacers be tack-welded to the hubs?

NO NO NO NO NO......NEVER!

the best spacers are the ones which bolt onto your hubs, with new studs for the wheel to be bolted onto

however if u only need a little bit of room just use 2-3mm spacers not good to have bigger than that and yes they are illegal.

the best spacers are the ones which bolt onto your hubs, with new studs for the wheel to be bolted onto

Mine just arrive yesterday it's 10mm with bolt, they have to be custom made up to fit the skyline from somewhere down Sydney, I will have them fitted on Saturday.

I got a 5mm slip on one atm, n the guys at Bob Jane say they are not save to use, because you are shortening the bolt, which the wheel might come off.

mind you spacers are illegal, in sydney.. not to sure about melb tho prob the same

so i'd stick to the nissan grinding idea..

yeah HCR32 your right there & I dare say in any state it will be the same as altering the track in a road regoed car is illegal