SAU Community

Big Car Meet Tonight 13/06/02 Brisbane

BOOSTMEISTER

Bugger dont get my car till Saturday.

It maybe stock as a rock but it would be funny to see them try to find a fault.

Well... we went to go there... then Fenn got a phone call from this other guy and said lets go to Springwood maccas...

Then he rang back and said that the coppers where there (how unusual) So we turned back around and went to the city.. then the coppers followed.. so i decided to come hom eand get some sleep...

Guest Krystian_w

:P

I told some of my mates about it and they drove past @ about 9:30.

I wasn't there but they said it was S**t and that there were about 8-10 cars there and the cops were coming past every few minutes so they just left.

I said to Fenn, Doesn't Boostmeister come from Toowoomba.... and he said yeah...

How did you hear about it?

Maybe its gonna be the new car hang out...

Not the greatest spot in the world to have it seeming Police HQ is like a few hundred metres away!

Guest Krystian_w

There's an even better spot (IMO)

Just off the Logan Rd turn off on the Pacific Highway is a place called the Bris. Technology Park.

Directions:

Get off the Hwy @ the Logan Rd exit (North or southbound, doesn't matter). If you're coming from the north turn right @ the lights, south it's left.

Drive for about 30 seconds until you go past an import dealer (Autoforce, the theifing bast***s) and turn left straight after the dealer.

After that it's first right and you're in Bris Tech Park. The biggest carpark is all the way to the T intersection and turn right.

The carpark is about 1/3 the size of the broadwater but it'll still fit a couple of hundred cars easy.

If you're in the area, check it out and see what you think.

I am on a Yahoo Starlet group (They need some keeping in line lol)

They had about 6 starlets there last night and my friend wanted to go cause he has a starlet....

Its an awesome spot with good lighting and plenty of spots.

Yes the cops do cruise through about every 25minutes or so which I think is great as it keeps everyone under control, they are all fairly casual......I was standing in the middle of the road taking a photo and suddenly realised there was a car behind me, I turned around and it was the police, I gave him a smile and stepped aside and he cruised past without saying anything. the second thing I saw was the cops pull up next to a guy in his parked civic with big kit and crazy paint, the cop said nice car what is it the guys then started talking and laughing with the cops for about 10minutes? ITS ALL GOOD.

The main problem with most hang outs is the hoon/lout % of people who just fool around and cause trouble and this is why the cops get mad, if we can behave and have fun then there will not be a problem..

There is a huge grass area and a lake and stuff so there is plenty of room for people to stand around and talk etc.

Probably the best spot I have seen for ages.

Originally posted by PJKJ

What happened on Tuesday's Today tonight... i missed it

Oh they "Our 6week under cover work" blah blah blah

Basically they got some footage of some hoons and a few drags and a couple of idiots making statements like "if the cops set up road blocks I will just hi the Nos and look out etc.

As always it was a witch hunt, find a few wankers and spoil it for the rest.

Shit car cruising goes back to the early 50's, yes there will always be wanks who give the rest a bad name and will they ever stop it?

Originally posted by MRE

Bugger dont get my car till Saturday.

It maybe stock as a rock but it would be funny to see them try to find a fault.

You up for a cruise Saturday night??

I think we'll be doing our normal trip down the coast..