SAU Community

Hr31 Import Rear Suspension

• 2 weeks later...

R32 wont fit.

you just get some run of the mill shockers and springs (harder ones)

Or you can fork out $$ and get coil overs and stuff then you can play around with heights and stuff also.

Ive got 250lb rear springs and some hard bilstein shocks in my rear.

Previously i had some softer shocks and the squat was too intense. Harder ones have sorted my problem but not as much as i would like. I still have a bit of issue.

I do have 500lb's siotting next to em i will install one day. And maybe play around with shockers also now ive found a decent suspension place here that doesnt rip me for mega $$

Waiting for SK too see this one :P

R32 wont fit.

you just get some run of the mill shockers and springs (harder ones)

Or you can fork out $$ and get coil overs and stuff then you can play around with heights and stuff also.

Ive got 250lb rear springs and some hard bilstein shocks in my rear.

Previously i had some softer shocks and the squat was too intense. Harder ones have sorted my problem but not as much as i would like. I still have a bit of issue.

I do have 500lb's siotting next to em i will install one day. And maybe play around with shockers also now ive found a decent suspension place here that doesnt rip me for mega $$

Waiting for SK too see this one  :P

Well you didn't have to wait too long........

Stiffer springs are a band aid, why don't you fix the problem properly?

I don't understand the logic. It's got too much camber change, it's not too soft. Stick 500 lb springs in it, fantastic no more camber change but now it's too hard. Fix one problem and create another, what a good idea :confused:

depends what you clas as hard for youself though, wouldnt that then come down to personal preference?

If im not loosing any traction, but gaining. Then i'd say thats a win for me considering i havent spent a sent as its all spare srpings/shocks that i have sitting here that came with the car.

Yeah its not having something made up to adjust it. That for me will happen if my cheap fiddling doesnt work.

But the stock suspension is far too soft in the HR31, it does need stuff a fair portion harder

i've just put coilovers in the front of my hr30 now they have 400lb springs, the car is not driven at the moment and i'm glad as i'd say it would be not nice ... all i have to do is push down on the front and it just bounces like a bobble head dog..

when were the shocks last changed?

Well you didn't have to wait too long........

Stiffer springs are a band aid, why don't you fix the problem properly?

I don't understand the logic.  It's got too much camber change, it's not too soft.  Stick 500 lb springs in it, fantastic no more camber change but now it's too hard.  Fix one problem and create another, what a good idea :confused:

well got any other ideas SK?

from what i can see, theres not alot you can do with the trailing arm IRS in the hr31's to stop the huge camber changes apart from limit the travel with harder suspension... :(

Sorry, but I simply don't have the time to write a long explanation on the workings of a trailing arm rear suspension. Simplistically, the idea is to change the wheel's movement arc by repositioning the mounting points. Offset bushes are a good place to start, effective and cheap. The next step is redrilling the mounting holes. By moving the inner mounting points upwards in the chassis you can lessen the dynamic camber change. By changing the realtionship between the front and rear mounting points you can affect the squat, hence lessensing the need for excessively high spring rates. By moving the top mounting point you can lessen the static camber, this is helpfull as it can be diffcult to achieve the balance by only using the lower inner mounting points.

The Nissan trailing arm rear suspension has been popular since 1969, so plenty of people know what is necessary to be done. There are a number of books on the subject, the one written by Peter Brock (no, not that Peter Brock) on 1600's is a good place to start.

:rofl: