SAU Community

i live in the states and i have a rb20det in my s13

i have herd from many people that the rb20det turbo the 16v unit was a t-28 tubine with a t3 footprint and a t3 compressor, with a ball bering center section.

i was also told i could have the wheel converted to to a t28 and upgrade the compresor to upgrade the turbo for a small gain.

why do this you might ask?

because im not looking for rediculious numbers somthing around 300hp range is ok with me. i have also been tolld about the ease of upgrading to a 280zx and 85-59 300zx turbo. or even a rb25 turbo witch is good but it has a cermaic wheel and im not a big fan.

with all thos options i have yet to come up with a location of one of those turbos.

seems like there very hard to come by

i was reading somthing on the austrailan skyline forums about using the t28 wheels maybe i read it wrong but the guy at CMR turbos in florida said its not posible. im not about to argue with him as i dont know very much about turbos.

thank you very much

Hi

What about a T28 from the S15 which is a real BB with metal rather than ceramic wheel and supposedly gives a nice increase and can support up to 18psi without a real problem?

I was running the Rb25 turbo but as you said its still ceramic so its still limited to how much boost you can run.

I have seen the RB20 turbos upgraded with T3 metal wheels which claim decent HP for cost but it was still more expensive then buying the S15 T28.

Rob

i live in the states and i have a rb20det in my s13

i have herd from many people that the rb20det turbo the 16v unit was a t-28 tubine with a t3 footprint and a t3 compressor, with a ball bering center section.  

i was also told i could have the wheel converted to to a t28 and upgrade the compresor to upgrade the turbo for a small gain.  

why do this you might ask?

because im not looking for rediculious numbers somthing around 300hp range is ok with me. i have also been tolld about the ease of upgrading to a 280zx and 85-59 300zx turbo. or even a rb25 turbo witch is good but it has a cermaic wheel and im not a big fan.  

with all thos options i have yet to come up with a location of one of those turbos.  

seems like there very hard to come by

i was reading somthing on the austrailan skyline forums about using the t28 wheels maybe i read it wrong but the guy at CMR turbos in florida said its not posible. im not about to argue with him as i dont know very much about turbos.  

thank you very much