SAU Community

How to make my stock R31 go 'whoosh'

Hey all.

i know i prolly sound dumb but i love the sound of my mates R30 skyline with an R32 engine, turbo and HKS front mount cooler. One of my friends claims that by puting a pod filter on my 5 SPD MANUAL 1989 R31 GX it will make a similar sound when i change gears or let my foot off the acelerator. I think this sounds like a load of crap but i could indeeed be wrong. Can anyone please help me and tell me if by doing this or something else will get a similar sound happening when i change gears at high revs. Thanks in advance ppl.

the sound you speak of is the turbo induction noise with a pod most likely.

and thats only cause its turbo.

You car = non turbo i assume = wont do it

cheers man. yeh its non-turbo. thanx for the help. unless theres anyone else who knows someway of doing it

Buy one one of those Naturally Aspirated blowoff valves. They consist of a speaker which sits in the engine bay and is hooked up to the clutch so when you change gears it makes a whooshing noise out of the speaker. I can't believe there is actually market competition for these things. Just beware if someone found out you had one hooked up you will probably get a quick knee in the nuts.