SAU Community

A Cefiro Few Questions!! Help Please!!!!

S13Deviat

Hey fellow Cefiro owners,

I am picking up my cefiro this Saturday and need to get some facts clarified so i can keep the boys in blue happy, and also get some advise......any feedback / answers would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :uh-huh:

1. Roll Cages - The car has a cage in it which runs thru the front to the back. Now as far as i can gather and researched, the rules with a cage is that -

* No cage frontwards of the most rear position of the drivers seat?

* Rear seats, belt stalks, 'everything' has to be removed

* Has to be rego'd as a 2 door coupe

* Cage has to be engineered

Now if the engineering part is correct, does anyone know where i can take it to get this done (in syd) and what costs???

2. Rolling Of the Guards - As i briefly mentioned in another thread, the front tyres are rubbing like biatches on the guards, whenever i turn, brake, bumps, anything. It currently has 205/60/15's all around, aswell i think the rims have to have some form of spacers on them as the rims sit out VERY wide, thus why i think they are scraping...ddduurrrrr.

Anyways trying to locate a place to roll the guards......i have advised of 7 Day Tyres in Granville, but was wondering if anyone knew anyone who could do it more around my area. Chatswood area.

Also has anyone had this done to their ceffie? Wont it cause the paint to stress and 'crack'??? Or do they do it slowly enuff that its all good????

3. Lastly but not least....... things u recommend to get done once u pickup the car....IE. change oil, oil filter, etc.........

Sorry dudes about the questions......just a newbie to the import stuff and just need to make sure everything goes okay!!!!

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!!!! :rant:

Ando

I use to run a 185/60/15 tyre on the front (fresh from Japan)... never scraped ever!!! - well not much :rant:

... as soon as i went to a 205/60/15 I couldnt even lower the car down off the jack haha. Pics for your amusement.

JK

re the guards I would consider just for complance fitting s13 silvia wheels or even taking the spacers off they should fit fine then.

re the cage its best to remove it for rego cause then at least the car is reged as a 5 seater.

meggala

My advice is to get it engineered and rego'ed properly as you're going to drive it. There's really no point in being dodgy about it, doing one thing to pass it off then doing another in actuality.

I'll talk to you about engineering. Can't help about the tyres but when you get it you should do the following:

engine oil

coolant

brake fluid

clutch fluid

gearbox oil

diff oil

tyre pressure

Not in order - and stuff like gearbox and diff oil are optional or atleast something you should think about within the first year of ownership, unlike the engine which I would change very first thing.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!!! I am sticking with CC's attitude that i want to register it as i want it to be. So i am having it rego'd as a 2 door coupe, etc. As for the guards i may look at getting some 185's for the fronts and see if it does the trick!!

CC- Mate i'll be on the phone to u as soon as i get the ceffie in my hands!!! :cheers:

get it rolled like mine :cheers: i'll put up some pics....i've got some 17x9.5 rims +20 offset 225/45/17 semi slicks and i've still got room. guard rollling ar 7day tyres is cheap, that's why i suggested it. 2 guards for $50. they heat up the paint with a heat gun to avoid the cracking.

Sky80 - Mate a ppreciate the pointer.....thats why i mentioned them as u recommended them! What sort of timeframe will it take em to do all 4 guards?? Is it a in-out job couple of hours or am i gonna have book it in?

P.S. Just called em and they said $35 per guard. Did they give u mates rates or something sky80???? :cheers: They said they could do all 4 in about an hour...that sound about right to you?

shouldnt take long. 15min per guard is pretty long, they did a friend's skyline in about 15min for both rears. and they only charged $50. its not really mates rates, cos it's not like i know any of their names...just go in and pretent you're a fully hecktic cuzz (even though im asian) and bargin with him. a mate got a huge deal off them last week cos he bargined with the guy for like an hour. saying how we been going there for like 3 years (which we all have) good luch mate :cheers:

I use to run a 185/60/15 tyre on the front (fresh from Japan)... never scraped ever!!! - well not much ;)

... as soon as i went to a 205/60/15 I couldnt even lower the car down off the jack haha. Pics for your amusement.

JK

I run 235 fronts, they dont scrape? :dunno:

Couple of things, I would also do the feul filter,

In regards to the cage, some places just wont touch it, there are a couple of requirments, such as have cant stick out more than 10 or 15 cm past dash or under it if you get what I mean. Otherwise have a look at RTA website. they will have to engineer it when you get compliance so knock the two birds off with the one stone, and ask around.

Sky80 - Lol thanks for the piccys.....mate those guards look great.....is that the end result of having em rolled at 7 Day Tyres??? If so looks like they do a good job.......mine should be sweet once i get that done! Will double check once i pick up my Cefiro tomorrow but i think i got some kinda offset + maybe a 20mm spacer....not sure thou....

CC - PM SENT :)