SAU Community

Rear speakers in Cefiro

konect

I am putting in my stereo and was wondering what size / shape speakers people had in the rear parcel shelf of their ceffies.

I got some ultra cheap 6 x 9 but noticed the holes in the metal ar not big enough for them. I dont really want to hack away at the metal to make them fit because the speakers are pretty crap anyway.

I reckon I could fit 6 inches into the whole and screw them into the parcel shelf.

Anyway could someone give me some guidance as to what you have put in there.

Thanks.

Use spacers if you want to fit 6x9's.

Where can I get these spacers u speak of ??

Haha stock speakers. The guy that I got my car off gave me the front ones from my car :cheers: the cone isnt even attched to the speaker its all ripped appart.

yeah i had spacers on mines.. Got em from the markets.. for liek 12 bucks a paair.. U cant cut out the back tray as its metal ...:cheers:

I think its more expensive at jb-hifi places for like 30 bux.. what a rip..

Dont get decent speakers for the rear dude :) Just get some really nice stuff for the front. Just some cheap coaxes would be fine for the rear. And I do belive 6inches fit the holes. But you should really use spacers, Im not sure if speakers would clear all the boot lid opening stuff.

get yourself a peice of 12mm mdf, make a template of the parcel shelf with carboard, adn cut out the mdf the same as the template (make sure you include the speaker holes too), screw the mdf on the parcel shelf. try and use some sound deadening on the bottom of the parcel shelf.might cost you $20 all up and you get awesome sound

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dudes!!!

Sorry to hack up this old thread but am looking at putting in a very basic system into the ceffie soon. My 'retro' cassette double din head unit really doesnt cut it...lol....and the speakers are F&*Ked. I know some 6x9's are easily mount with a bit of mdf fitted or spacers but what size front speakers fit without any modification??? 4"? 5"? Just simply wanna but the speakers, fit em in and be done with it........ big doof doof need no apply here...lol :D

Cheers in advance guys!

Ando

i havent done the rears yet ....but will be putting in some big 6 x 9's .........

i put smaller sized 6 x 9's in the front and they sound really good ( needs a little more sound deadening. They are very fiddly trying to fit (making mdf mounts etc ...)

i would proabbly go 6's

get a reasonably cheap mp3 head unit ...e.g the kenwood or pioneer or jvc one for 250$ bucks.. or even cheaper if u like....

erm,

try like supercheap autos for the spacers if you're that keen,

but like, why bother getting 6x9s? they're out dated.

it's so difficult and expensive to get them sounding good, why you just get a 12" sub? more often than not they are surprisingly cheap, the cefiro has a huge boot to accomodate a nice box,

i can do you a good deal on a GREAT sub and amp packadge if you already have a decent headunit

and i mean GREAT, like genuine brand new less than half price gear, pm me if interested

Fronts no idea cos I fitted 6.5"

Rear I wouldn't bother with 6x9's unless you're not going to put in a sub.

I would recommend any speakers in the back are slanted forward not to bounce off the rear glass as much. If you slanted you could anything in there and my pick would be some average 6". I'm actually using the standard-ish carrozeria in there because rear fill isn't my concern. Sure it's a 4 seater but if you're in the back and want good sound get a walkman :P So in saying this you should consider if you're not expecting to entertain people in the back you don't bother with any and use the money on some decent fronts.

I highly recommend sound deadening and some decent sized front speakers with spacers.