SAU Community

fractured my radius bone...

NickR33

great, i have just fractured my forearm bone at the elbow playing basketball... doc has given me 3 weeks with my arm in a sling and of course i can't drive my car (left arm)

it looks like i will miss the upcoming DECA day, which I was really looking forward to :kick:

everytime i think i have my car ready to do an event, some problem comes up and i miss out... this time my car was already to go... and now i have a broken arm

will be catching the train to work... again

so if anybody has an auto r33 they wanna swap for my 5sp for a couple of weeks let me know;)j/k

have a good long weekend guys (and girls)... drive safe

at least you won't suffer the wrath of double demerit points over the long weekend.

(and i give it a few days before you're sick of the neck/back pain that wearing a sling causes.)

You were given codeine for a fracture?

Damn.... I want your doctor!

and i thought it was just standard practice that they hand out double demerits on all long weekends/holiday periods now....

can anyone confirm/deny?

How'd you break it basketball nick, getting a little physical on the court were you. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Sucks about DECA though, your missing out on making more photos like the one in your avatar! There's always next year though.

I havent seen anything in the papers saying that there was double demerit points, not to say that there isnt. Only one way to find out...

he he nah i wasn't getting rough... just on fastbreak, going for a layup and got hammered... the other guy landed on me, i landed on my arm... last time this happened i had to get 6 stitches in my chin... non contact sport my ass!

there is still a chance i will make it to DECA... even if i have to change gears with my right hand!

goddamn on a layup, hope there were a few words afterwards because thats just not cricket....or basketball.

At deca you could get some one to shift for you, just tell them when you will put the clutch in and they grind through your gears!

yeah it was a cheap one and i let him know... he apologised though so was all good

at DECA will be okay just put it in 2nd, pump the clutch and away you go (i don't think i used 3rd at all last time)... its just the drive up there that will be a pain in the ass... or elbow in this case

Damn, owners with silver 33's who play ball must be jynxed lol

4 weeks ago i tore all my ligaments in my left foot, driving through the key, some arse stuck his foot out,

so now im driving mums car :cheers:, i feel for u mate, least u only have 3 weeks to wait!

yeah i have done both ankles before (never my foot tho)... basketball is killer on the ankles but im sure i dont have to tell you! i just hate getting injured cos someone isn't good enough to play you straight up and has to use a cheap shot to stop you...

hope the foot heals quickly

ps. anyone who drives a silver r33 and is playing bball............. be careful!

he he nah i wasn't getting rough... just on fastbreak, going for a layup and got hammered... the other guy landed on me, i landed on my arm... last time this happened i had to get 6 stitches in my chin... non contact sport my ass!

there is still a chance i will make it to DECA... even if i have to change gears with my right hand!

basketball is a killer for skyline drivers!

about 6 weeks ago, i tore a ligament in my ankle playing basketball :cheers:

its better than a break because you don't need plaster, but a bad tear is also worse because even now 6 weeks later there is still pain and a small amount of swelling. when a break heals, its good as new

You were given codeine for a fracture?

Damn.... I want your doctor!

and i thought it was just standard practice that they hand out double demerits on all long weekends/holiday periods now....

can anyone confirm/deny?

you sound shocked: codeine is available over the counter...

ever bought panadene? active ingredients are paracetamol AND codeine :cheers:

(great for pain :) , terrible for your liver :P )