SAU Community

Exedy Twin Plate - GTR Pull Type - $950

Pics added to 1st post.

I dont own a vernier caliper, but I tried to measure as best I could with my eye and a ruler. It's not much over 3mm from plate to plate. Might be 3.1, 3.2. Dunno how much they have new. But it wasn't much more than that. I have shown it to Ben @ Racepace and he said it's still fine.

I will cover the shipping in the sale price.

The lightened flywheel is part of the clutch kit. It is an Exedy flywheel.

The first plate is 3.1mm from plate to plate. The second plate is 3.05mm from plate to plate. I dont think you will be able to see this accuratly from a photo.

Just as a matter of interest for you GTR guys, it is possible to convert from push to pull or pull to push. You can convert by swapping the bell housing on the gearbox. (Takes an hour) Swapping the clutch slave cylinder and swapping the fork inside the box.

I have done this before myself and it was fun!

Nut.

There are two clutch plates in this clutch. One of them is 3.1mm thick and the other is 3.05mm thick. Both plates have clutch material on both sides. This measurement is taken from the outside edge of each clutch plate. So from the clutch pad material to the clutch pad material. Look at the bottom two plates on the last picture. These are the plates that have the clutch facings on them and this is what gripps to the metal.

I hope that answers your question. If not let me know.

You mean the teeth on the pressure plate or the ring gear teeth? The ring gear is fine. No damage at all. Looks like new to me. As I said I only used it for six months. The pressure plate is the purple anodised bit with the teeth or fingers in it. With pull type clutches they dont get damaged like a push type can, because the ends of the teeth are in a bearing carrier that protects them. Where as the push type has the bearing making direct contact with them.

So to answer your question they are perfectly fine, as new, both the pressure plate fingers and ring gear teeth.

• 3 weeks later...