SAU Community

Marshall Tyres

Does anyone have Marshall tyres? Are they any good at all?

My local tyre guy thinks they are a decent tyre. I'm looking at 235/45/17 for R32 GTR.

Just want to know if anyone uses/has used them, and what they think.

My local tyre guy thinks they are a decent tyre. I'm looking at 235/45/17 for R32 GTR.

i have 255/45/17s on my R32 GTR. I wouldnt say theyre a true performance tyre but they are quite durable. Worth a try if durability is what you're looking for

Your local tyre guy will think any tyre he sells are decent ones

What Zigen said.

I've had tyre dealers try telling me that Falken Ziex tyres were decent sports tyres. Needless to say I was heading out the door before he could start the next sentence, since it wasn't April 1.

What Zigen said.

I've had tyre dealers try telling me that Falken Ziex tyres were decent sports tyres. Needless to say I was heading out the door before he could start the next sentence, since it wasn't April 1.

They would probably tell you Wanli & Nankang are better then Bridgestone & Michelin too!

What Zigen said.

They would tell you Wanli & Nankang are better then Bridgestone & Michelin just to push a sale!

There is that. And also he could promote them on the basis that they wear quickly and I'll be back for new ones soon=another sale. On the other hand, if they are crappy, I may not go back to him, and might tell my friends he is an a-hole who doesn't know tyres.

Now that the tyre dealer psychology/ethics discussion is out of the way, does anyone else actually have Marshalls, and what are they like?

I have them in 245/45 R17 on my GTR, they were put on for compliance. They are currently on my 33 GTST sedan. Comparing them to the Yoko ES100s I have on the GTR now is like chalk and cheese, but at half the price that is to be expected. However, I have found them pretty good in the dry, not high grip levels but very predictable.....in the wet, well I wouid suggest being alot more careful..... And as said above, they do wear well.....

I've been recommended Marshalls as well by a reputable tyre dealer. He had them on his XR6T and a lot of reps use them for sheer durability. Not a performance tyre by any means, all depends on what you are after.

I've been recommended Marshalls as well by a reputable tyre dealer. He had them on his XR6T and a lot of reps use them for sheer durability.

I'd be sticking the hardest, nastiest, cheapest craphouse tyres on my fleet vehicles too.

But then if I was managing company vehicles being driven by people who don't own the cars or pay for upkeep, its TCO rather than performance that matters.