SAU Community

Initial D the movie

spx25t

I went and saw the Initial D movie Last night at the reading cinemas in Market city

Funny watching a japanese Cartoon with Chinese actors and Cantonese subtitles and English subtitles. It is not the Anime i was expecting but a movie with race scenes surpassing Fast and the Furious for action thouroughly recommend going to see it. Cars included the AE86 of course, R32 GTR(Night kids), Series 5 RX7(Rhy Takahashi), and the Lan Evo's (White Evo 4 and BLack Evo 3) My mate and I were the only Aussies in the Cinema also the Tallest in there as well ,haha

but really enjoyed it and worth seeing

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and saw the Initial D movie Last night at the reading cinemas in Market city

Funny watching a japanese Cartoon with Chinese actors and Cantonese subtitles and English subtitles. It is not the Anime i was expecting but a movie with race scenes surpassing Fast and the Furious for action thouroughly recommend going to see it. Cars included the AE86 of course, R32 GTR(Night kids), Series 5 RX7(Rhy Takahashi), and the Lan Evo's (White Evo 4 and BLack Evo 3) My mate and I were the only Aussies in the Cinema also the Tallest in there as well ,haha  

but really enjoyed it and worth seeing

Rhy Takahashi? WTF? :rofl:

It's Takahashi Ryosuke and his brother's name is Keisuke :(

the movie i liked better than fast and the furious

rhy , tak whatever I am not a die hard fan so excuse my ignorance and it is showing all weekend and during the week BUT only at the Market city Cinema I was hoping for Auburn as well as i live out near Richmond so travelling into the city was not fun for me movie finished at 9 last night and i did not get home till after 11

Oh God... and let me guess................ "Iggy"? sad2.gif

They must be screening the stupid dumbed-down Americanized version, for brainless Yanks who can't cope with proper Japanese names.

Iggy = Takeushi Itsuki

Tak = Fujiwara Takumi

And no, I don't think the movie is better than the series... It's just a continuation of the series, lumped together in a 1.5 hour block and called a "movie"... The story line got a little lame in the "movie" IMHO, but definitely worth watching still.

The best is still Stage 1 when Takumi is still developing as a road-racer :rofl:

they were using the complete names itsuki and takumi and so forth i just shortened takahashi down to TAK for conveniance not refering to takumi

They potrayed itsuki so differently than in the series he was potrayed as both Cole and Itsuki in one character. (IF i got the character wrong relax :rofl: )

itsuki's father owned the petrol station and he had the S13 in the begining

But not denying the Series is better than the movie though

Ahhh... Well for the version they released to America, they removed all the J-pop songs, and replaced them with either American techno or hard rock :uhh:

And changed all the character names:

Takumi -> Tak

Itsuki -> Iggy

Natsuki Mogi -> Natalie

etc etc... It's an OUTRAGE!!! :rofl:

this movie wil be nothing compared

to the anime i reckon, i wasthed the

trailor a few months back, was alright

i can't wait to watch it but perth sucks

total bulls nuts hey reading cinemas is

the only company screening it and when

heeps of SilviaWA members called up

they got replies from ladies saying 'sorry,

but i have never heard of such movie'

that sucked gay nuts hey but should be

coming out soon and all the actors are

freaking good, some of the best asian

actors ever and if you watch enough

hong kong movies you would know...

Young and Dangerous and stuff like that

and a lot of the guys in the movie are

mega famous teenage girl loved singers

eg. Edison Chen (Ryosuke) Jay Chou

(Takumi) and Anthony Wong (Bunta)

and Jordan Chan (Kyouichi Sudou)

what sucks is that it's changed TOO

much from the original and Keisuke

isn't even in it, sorry for such a long

post guys but ah it was all on my mind

I saw initial D yesterday, yeah the story has changed a bit (it sometimes happens when you try to summarise 3 seasons of carton in to a 90 min movie) but it was still a fun movie all round and was also great to see the real scenary, but the anime is still the original.

I gotta ask though why weren't japanese actors used for the main parts?

What is this Young and Dangerous series?

I saw initial D yesterday, yeah the story has changed a bit (it sometimes happens when you try to summarise 3 seasons of carton in to a 90 min movie) but it was still a fun movie all round and was also great to see the real scenary, but the anime is still the original.  

I gotta ask though why weren't japanese actors used for the main parts?

What is this Young and Dangerous series?

Hong Kong director with i think it was a Hong Kong filming company calls for Hong Kong and Taiwanese actors i guess? (a lot of these Hong Kong actors were orignally from Taiwan) umm... Young and Dangerous is a series on Triads, like in depth on Triad life but like made-up of course but really based on reality if that makes any sense, Ekin Cheng was main actor there, he was also in another movie made before Fast and Furious called Legend of Speed which had these two crews battling against each other, a crew with EVO's and a crew with STi's and WRX's... it's an okay movie to watch, there is this one part where him and his very hot girlfriend do it in his EVO V's Recaro's hehe *DrOoLZ* after he wins this motorbike race and breaks this other guys legs i think i have said too much but yeah watch Young and Dangerous, there is like 9 or something, 1-5 and 6 is called Born to be King and number 7 was made this year apparently with heeps of prequels as well, sorry long post back on topic... yeah it was a Hong Kong filming company i am pretty sure and Perth is gay, won't come out for a while *sigh*

hahaha yeah Kelly Lin.....is dat chick that he done it on the recaros with........come to think of it that movie had NOS in it as well eh ??

it did hey, had laptop connected to car technology as well, come to think of it Fast and the Furious was just ripping everything it saw from Legend of Speed and made it a better film just by adding in little itty-bitty bits and heeps more wicked-ass cars and especially with a U.S film budget they would've had a huge advantage to make the movie better than Legend of Speed but yeah Legend of Speed was a great movie, i really didn't like how the EVO V crashed though, hell bad CG work... also as mentioned before whoever hasn't seen Young and Dangerous get it and watch it ONLY if you like watching fighting and just interesting real-life gangster-ish stuff, NOT tryhardish at all and gives a pretty good insight into Triad and even Yakuza society!

anyways.. does anybody have ANY idea when Initial D is coming out in Perth, i think i am going to have to wait until it's on the internet *shakes fist at computer thinking about how bad Perth is in general*

Andy

legends of speed is also a good movie seen it awhile back ago on SBS :P

i saw initial on the weekend and i have to say 10/10 in my books i loved the effects and they way they used the cameras makes f&f look like crap in comparison will be getting it on dvd if it ever comes out with the english sub, also id be quick to go watch it i couldnt help overhearing that it was the last week they were going to screen it and id be in early all sessions were packed.