SAU Community

R30

r30

Hey everyone,

First time user, so be nice..lol

I have a R30 that sat in the backyard for a few months. I was waiting to get my liscence. Anyway, I wanted to see if she would start first go, so I got petrol for her and a new battery and she started first go. woo-hoo. On the day I went to go for a roadworthy test to get registered, she did not start at all. A mate of mine checked the battery, oil, petrol 1/4 tank, spark plugs, etc. Nothing wrong :confused: . The only thing that I noticed that was not the same, was the hummming from the back. Now I have no idea where the pump is located in this car, is it in the tank, or outside of the tank. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

fuel pump not working?

its an external pump, pretty much under the right rear passenger door, stick your head under there and check for a mount holding something the size of a small deodorant can.

if its not "buzzing" with the keys in the "on" pos, try kicking the motor over and tapping on the fuel pump at the same time....worked for me. and i dont mean just knock on the pump with your knuckles, tap it wif a friggin hammer or something.....you'll look like a hick but if it is the fuel pump, she'll fire over.

:Pimp2: :Pimp2:

I'll tell you now that it's the first sign the pump is about to die proper. Mine did yesterday. Managed to replace it with one I originally got to run the L20ET in my Z.

Nissan want you to mortgage your house for a replacement. I reckon they are about the same size as a VL Turbo pump.

if anything the VL turbo pump will be better for it because it is a higher flow pump and there cheap as to get anyway (cheap...well, relative to the nissan ones)

Ummm it might not be the pump guys (but i dunno if its carbed or efi), this happend to my car and was off the road for 3 months while i was diagnosing the problem and trying to get it started.

The problem was the Fuel Pump Computer under the rear parcel tray. Try replacing that and see if you have any luck. Started first time for me after i replaced that.