SAU Community

r32 rb20det, miss firing/surging anyone else had same problems??

My r32 which i bought 2 monts ago is bein a bitch. When i test drove it it was fine but on the drive home at about 3.5 - 4 rpm, or when i accelerated quickly or put it under load it would surge or a cylinder would feel to drop out then come back. Thinking it might be dirty fuel i changed the fuel filter. No change, we then replaced the plugs and no 4 plug was wet with fuel. No 6 had some white stuff around the coil pak which we all thought was run off from what ever the detailers used. It seemed to run well for 2 days then was back to old hat. Now it comes and goes, some times its good then itll feel really slugish. Ive ordered a coil pak from nissan to replace no 4 coil the wet plug. As its only done 74000 genuine is this a common problem or has anyone else encountered this problem before?? What else can i look at if the coil dosnt work? Any help would be gr8

Probably cracked/stuffed coil or six. This is the single most common problem with these cars I think. I have a similar problem at the moment....

Try gapping the plugs to 0.8mm instead of 1.1mm. SUpposed to cure it as long as the coils aRE okay.

If you keep getting a wet plug in cylinder 4 it will be worthwhile pulling the injectors out and getting them checked/cleaned aswell, though as has been said coils and plugs are the first logical steps.