SAU Community

Tuning In Brisbane

fsmout

Hi everyone,

Wanted to get my 32 GTR re-tuned for more boost & timing, but i dont want to drive all the way down the coast to PITS again. What are peoples experiences with GTR's and tuning in Brisbane??

I have heard that Archie at Mazfix does a good job....has anyone used Brisbane Tuning & turbo at Woolloongabba??

Also Mercury, Charlies Motors, APC??

Cheers

Francisco

fsmout,

I have used Brisbane Tuning and Turbo exclusively for a couple of years now.

Never had a problem - very knowledgeable on all Skylines.

Any referals have been very happy with their work.

Peter

Just had my GTR tuned at Brisbane Tuning & Turbo Centre, they fixed my problem straight away. Can highly recomend them, just don't listen to the mechanics as they bag your car while they are working on it!! :) But John has a fair bit of knowledge about GTR's, he has an old Zed car with an RB26 transplant (putting out 547HP at the wheels), his son drives a GTR and one of the mechanics (the one bagging the wheels on my car) has one too.

I have heard that Archie at Mazfix does a good job....has anyone used Brisbane Tuning & turbo at Woolloongabba??

DO NOT GO TO BTT

i had some work done there and they over charged, were rude and did shit work

something as simple as getting a boost gauge installed

sold me a shit gauge, tried to charge me to fix it (even though they sourced it and installed it)

also coudlnt diagnose simple issues (tps needed resetting and timing adjusted)

i woudlnt trust them to work on my push bike

will never go there again

mercury did some good work on my bro in laws car and i know lots of others that have had good work done there

chapman and chapman used to service my car and always did good work also, but were exxy

One lame experience for a boost controller doesn't slam a workshop.

it was more than that

car was in a bad way after i had my custom plenum and intercooler done

went there to get it sorted

for 300 bux, the car drove out of there worse than it went in

i asked john about enginemanagement when i was there

he looked me in the eye and told me that powerfc would NOT be able to be used on my engine due to the custom throttle body and plennum, and that i would need to go microtec or a more expensive option

even funnier when i went back to get the POS boost gauge fixed (that i was going to be charged again for) that john tried to sell me a powerfc (he also blamed my plennum for the boost gauge issue, even though thats how the plennum was when THEY installed it)

went to motsons, and for half the price, the car was running how i wanted (simple things like resetting tps and the timing was WAY out 32 degrees advanced or something)

btt had done work for me before and was ok, and it was why i went back there despite many people telling me of their horror stories

i should have listened to them

I GOT HAD

im seriously considering going to small claims to try and get some of my money back considering what i paid for and what i got

I'm not sure if anyone hase been here but our car was tuned by steve's boyz at Redcliff dyno. I can only highly recomend them as they were polite and did an AWSOME! job and as for price i gues you get out what you spend. (they were a bit more expensive but only by 20bucks)

SPOOKS_SKYLINE

if u have such a big issue with my workshop then instead of posting a reply on the forum bagging BRISBANE TUNING u should simply give us a call and sort your issue out with us.

prehaps john was confused when discussing ecu option for your car, as for your issues with our work, i could not say because i did not deal with u or your car.

Our knowledge on nissan imports is quite extensive, so u should not question our experience.

U SHOULD NOT GO AROUND PUBLICLY BAGGING A WORKSHOP WHEN CLEARLY U HAVE NOT SORTED YOUR ISSUE OUT WITH US CORRECTLY.