SAU Community

aussie radio conversion

hotsky

hey guys i am needing advise of what to do and where to get it/where to get it done

i am wanting to put my cd player etc, from old car into my line, that wont pick up aussie stations hehe...will i still have to get the converting thing, and if so where can i get it, and will they install it when i get my cd player put in as well?

Are you talking about the FM frequency converter to allow the Jap radio (76-90 MHz) to receive Aussie FM stations (88-108 MHz)?

If that's the case, you can get the converter from Jaycar Electronics for $45. Other places like JB HiFi and Gary's may also have it.

However, if the new tuner+CD player you're putting in is designed to pick up 88-108 MHz, then you don't need the frequency converter. You may still need the antenna plug adapter if you don't want to cut the original dual plugs off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sorry to butt in...

I currently have the stock double DIN in my R33 SII and am putting a Pioneer OEL in soon. Will I need the frequency converter? I can only pick up one decent station at the moment!

Originally posted by Knat

Hey Sorry to butt in...

I currently have the stock double DIN in my R33 SII and am putting a Pioneer OEL in soon. Will I need the frequency converter? I can only pick up one decent station at the moment!

You shouldn't need the converter, as when you buy a Pioneer head unit in Australia, it accomodates for the Aussie frequencies.

You might need the adaptor for the aerial, as I think they're different in Japan.