SAU Community

Series 2 owners with Hybrid FMIC kits ... Does it fit?

Hi,

I've got a R33 Series II GTST and is considering buying a hybrid cooler piping kit. I have read the installation manual on this site however I've realised that I have a windscreen spray bottle located in the bottom left hand side where the piping to the intake manifold is supposed to go. So to those guys with S2's and hybrid FMIC kits, how did you get around this? If not how did you set up your cooler piping??

Any help would be great.

Regards

Steve

G'day mate im pretty sure the plumbing goes over the radiator fan and under the water spray bottle, out the wall of the inside of the guard and then in to the outlet side of your cooler. Have you got a photo of your engine bay?? i have s2 aswell but yours may be diifferent for some reason maybe.

ive got a s2 and got my intercooler hybrid fitted on the weekend!

those instructions are not for a standard front bar if you look at the front page you will see what i mean....

that area was ok for me and a hole was made nothing in the way..

the only concerns i had was cutting my fan blades and as i have posted a thread

about this today my right pipe is bigger then the left one they dont look equal when looking at it front on view....

Just checking to see if I've got mine on file. If so they will be up soon.

There was a bit of stuffing around required with an air saw, in the following areas:

holes in LH & RH guards

trimmed off/deleted lower mounting tag on washer bottle

trimmed off 10mm approx from fan blades

trimmed a lot of material on the std front bar girder (metal pressing that the outer bumper skin mounts to)

trimmed some material from the front bumper skin

deleted the std indicator assemblies from the bumper and did a bog/respray of the front bumper skin, used aftermarket LED indicators.

The whole job took lots of time and patience, but ended looking pretty good.

FWIW, mine is a S1, but the job should not be substantially different unless you have sourced an aftermarket bumper.

cheers

Hi,

I've taken a pic of the drivers side where the washer bottle is located but dont know how to upload it. I'll find out and post it but in the mean time, where the tow hook is located, that is approx. where the hole needs to be cut but I definitely have a washer bottle covering that area.

DaleFZ1, sounds like you mentioned something about cutting off the lower mounting tag of the washer bottle, so i think i mite have something similiar. I'll check your pics once their up.

The s2 sedan has the battery in the engine bay where our washer bottles are, anyway get a kit that runs back to standard ie pipes run back to left side. I installed this on mine and it works fine, the extra pipe didnt make much difference in lag or boost times

Hi,

Modr33s2, did you use a standard 180 Degree bend or did you have to modify this to fit? I've noticed that you have a standard front bar (in your pic)? Lastly, the piping that runs from the left hand side (looking front on) of the cooler, did you route that to the turbo pipe or inlet manifold pipe?

Anyways, thanks guys for your input..

I went from where they go through the engine bay, infront of left wheel and I used a 180 and 2x 90 to bring it back behind FMIC and up to engine bay( looks better than my crap paint skills) I did it this way so when I go to a gtr style plenum I can go through the engine bay off the 180

Hi,

Thanks Modr33s2... Ok I think I'll give it a try.. I also got a similiar setup but I "mitred" joined my 180 Deg bend so that I could go back behind the cooler without going in front of the front left wheel but I seem to be having some probs... I mite consider setup like yours.. looks better also. Thanks again.