SAU Community

3 wires from attessa, where to hook up with aftermarket ecu?

hey guys well in my stagea im having trouble with the attessa staying on all the time and boiling the fluid, cause of something that is wired up wrong, so i been lookin at the attessa wiring diagrams for r32 gtr (must be very similiar to stagea) and there are 3 wires coming out of the attessa ecu which connect to the stock engine ecu.

well ive got an autronics smc installed and therfore where do i hook these 3 wires up?

the wires are:

engine speed signal

throttle signal +

throttle signal -

so anyone know what people do when hooking up aftermarket ecu's on gtr's?

also the diagnostic light on the attessa ecu comes up with 5 and 7 which are ABS right front actuator solenoid or circuit, and ABS rear wheel actuator solenoid or circuit, dunno if they are fualtly or just not hooked up right, as when it had the stock engine/ecu/gearbox etc the 4wd system worked perfectly

hopefully someone has abit of info :thumbsup:

cheers

Brad

• 2 years later...

I have a SM4 in a 32 gtr. The speed signal goes to your HSI 3 on a SM4 and as for the tps + and - you can hook them up to your original tps signal wires to the computer which is ok if you just want to keep it in 4wd but if you want to put it in 2 wheel drive it will change the tps value in your Autronic as i had the same problem.

I am waiting for a answer back from Autronic but i am pretty sure you have to put a second tps in just for a signal to the attessa as the factory ecu has its own output for the attessa controller.

well ive got the same problem how did this get fixed?

lol maybe i need a little more clear i using a standard r32 gtr ecu for my run in and got my pfc to go in next and i have to rewire everything in.

abd have 3 wires left over... and dont know where they go.

whats SM4? and HSI 3?

thanks

Edited by gzzmos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Took a little trip  went to nismo hoping the get my fuel tank hoses and unfortunately they told me they didn’t have stock luckily I was able to go to a Nissan parts store and they were able to order them in for me  then can home and cleaned the tank with some degreaser and fitted the new hoses before putting it back in the car 
    • 100% I’ll hack into the 33. Strap a turbo onto the RB25DE and/or put the 25 head on a 30 block. 33 passed in cos the reserve was too high. I’ll try lowballing it again and negotiate. Aim is to have it landed and on the road for under 15k, then spend the same amount on top in mods.
    • It's generally best practise to run 1x run without VCT enabled, then 1x run enabled till redline. Overlay the two torque graphs and you'll find the desired RPM to turn off VCT. Sometimes, it might be even worthwhile turning off VCT earlier control torque/cylinder pressure and using VCT purely to spool the turbo.
    • They sell them in Malaysia for about $4
    • First time I ever have issues with Amazon, but my wife often tells me to keep an eye out for fakes. It finally got me. I wrapped up the conversation with Gates. The gentlemen I was talking to seemed to hate his job but the response time on their technical support is outstanding. He stated that the hose is marked with some variation of "SAE J30R10" but that if you only purchase a 1 foot length like I did, it is possible to get a cut between markings and have a blank hose. To no ones surprise, he stated the swelling and "gummyness" isn't normal and to replace/buy from somewhere else (He mentioned NAPA). I'll toss a small end of the new one in gas for a few days before pulling the hanger out again, just to be safe.  Hose should arrive Monday. For those running multiple pump in tank hangers, you know the joys of getting them out and back in. I'm surprised I haven't destroyed my level float yet.  Lastly once I wrap all of this up, I'm planning on hitting the dyno again in 2 weeks while I'm on vacation. I realized recently that my VCT is set to turn off at 5000RPM. I'm surprised it wasn't increased while I was on the dyno last. I'm expecting I can increase it to ~6500RPM, if not more. Should hopefully get another 15-20kw out of it. I also want him to revisit my knock thresholds. I'm occasionally getting false knock around 3000rpm.