SAU Community

Rear Speaker Tray?

pushead

Hey all,

Just recently purchased a GTST R33 93 model.. When looked at the back Tray, the rear speakers are covered?? I had to remove the rear seats and discovered that the Carpet Tray covers the rear speakers? is this meant to be? do I have to really cut holes in the tray when installing new speakers?

thanks all.

Guest GR33DyMANGO

yer your on the right track. yes cut holes in the rear shelf (only the carpeted wood section...not the metal). you;ll need to make a template so u cut the holes to the correct size for the speakers.

you can even make a new shelf by taking out the old shelf (u need to take your back seat out) and tracing around it on some new plywood. just carpet, cut then put back.

hope that can help :P

Guest GR33DyMANGO

pushead: all you do with the carpet (i assume you are refering to the size of the carpet matching?) is that you put it over the plywood (or even better MDF), i mean you get a big square and put it over the plywood/mdf and glue it on (with pva glue or the like) then once its dried you cut around the edges.

once this is done you put the speakers and vents in(if needed- they would have been on the old shelf if they are required) then just put the shelf back.

hope that can be of further assistance pushead:)