SAU Community

SR20DET vs RB25DET Torque Output

Guest TropikalSX

Guest TropikalSX

Its kinda strange, when I go to the Tomei website and look at their already built engines it shows that the SR20DET engines have more torque than the RB ones... Shouldn't this be the other way around?? I thought bigger liters and more cylinders gave higher torque output?

Peak torque is not the only important factor, but where the peak occurs and if it is a very flat curve or if it spikes.

The Rb engines torque may be more consistent through out the entire rev line, and in the last 2/3000 rpm before redline, im betting it is much higher then the SR's engine.

Also, your comparing two modified engines, one may be more modded then the other regardless of capacity.

:uh-huh:

Guest TropikalSX

I've done a little more research and the MODs on the engines may have been more significant on one or the other. As far as SR20DET and RB20DET engines go, there is more down low torque in the SR20DET because of the piston bore size being biggger while the RB20DET engine has smaller pistons that have to run hard. I haven't heard anything about the RB20 engine having more ballz down low but RB20 has better top end with the 6.

Latez,

Derek

A Std Aussy SR20DET apparently delivers max torque at around 4800rpm where as for some reason the RB20DET delivers it at 3200rpm.

I would like to drive a SR20DET as with my rb20det she kicks at around 3000-3200 i suppose... I wonder if that is actually the feel of max torque or just the tubo?!?!?

What I mean is if a SR20DET had that same kick from max torque that would feel laggy?!?!

hrmmm...

here is a little bit of text from an article on te R32 GTST from AUTOSPEED...

158kW at 6200 rpm and a peak torque figure of 263Nm available at a useable 3200 rpm

and for a 180SX with SR20DET (on 100 octane fuel)...

...max power is 150kW (at 6000 rpm) and max torque is 275Nm (at 4000 rpm)

But I believe your original THREAD says SR20DET vs RB25DET not RB20DET..

so for the RB25DET... AUTOSPEED story tells me...

...187kW (at 6400 rpm) and 294Nm (at 4800 rpm).

So YES, the RB25 has more torque than the SR20DET

All the info above is for stock engine quotes from the factory..

I hope this helps..

If you want to check the AUTOSPEED site, it's pretty good.

Autospeed

Go to the bottom and search for what you want..

TT