SAU Community

drifting in bris

thrash_demon

where the fu*k do ppl practise drift in bris? out here at wynnum, theres an ok industrial estate with nice wide streets, only problem is square gutters, and lots of em!!!! so come on, tell us where do u perfect the art of DORIFTO

we need some dedicated drift tracks, where u can circulate under 80km/h and still be going hard... ebisu drift course!!!!

try belbowrie out near indooroopilly really surburban and quiet during the day (unless you have skylines roaring down the streets) been there a few times real country no live stock on the roads there all fenced in and not many police at all. kids well its too hot there most of the time to go out on the streets and its farming country and flat so you would see them. nice bending roads and some really good spots

Guys, this is a public forum. We should neither discuss proposed illegal road drifting venues or be seen to encourage it. 1. If you do, people will know where you will be and what you'll be doing. 2. Bad image for the club.

I have organised 2, and attended 3 skidpan days in the past with this and another club. I am currently talking with the guys who run these events about doing another one and moving to another venue as well, so sit tight, there will be mad legal safe drifting soon.

*Puts on Moderator Hat*

Thanks Slip,

Guys please ensure you read the terms and conditions of the forums. There are many links to them. If you can still not find them, there is a link in my sig.

Squizz.

Wecker Rd, Mansfield has a nice industrial estate. I just said that because I am supporting local bussiness, they have tire, hardware and wreckers along there. DO NOT DRIFT THERE IT IS A BAD THING but on a side note theres some nice wide roads with 45 degree gutters (the "good" ones) and its away from houses. Again, good local bussinesses that should be supported and drifting is BAD BAD BAD.

Another side note, thats where I blew the diff in my kingswood. I was doing a simple u-turn. Thats all I swear.

Guest Boxhead

moderators, i think that there not discussing illegal drifting, there discussion the best place to drift, in which case im sure they would be consulting there local council on holding some sort of drift event legalised similar to the street sprints in events section...with closed of roads etc

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to a few nite events held by SR20 club...its all the way out @ Queensland raceway(willowbank complex) but it doesnt seem to bad an event..$70 once u a member and u can get them to supply some snow tyres fitted up for the hell of not costing you rubber...

VERY, VERY interested if some people can get together to find a good venue closer to bris...

Other then that, the local business @ Brendale isn't doing to bad either.............wink,wink!!