SAU Community

Media Beat up

Anyone catch the Canberra times article on sun. What a load of shit, they basically used the obvious steriotypes got one dichkhead to admit and talk shit about how fast he goes and generalized over the whole lot of the car scene. It felt as though the car scene was just used to promote the dragstrip which im all for just not in this way. Oh and that reporter wouldnt know the different between tyre and a wheel she had no clue. Just my thoughts what did the rest of you think?? The only consilation i got out of the article was at least the cops arent o us as much as they are in Sydney or Melbourne but its still shit!:)

Have a look at this thread on performanceforums, this is the guy responsible:

http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/...readid=67117700

Also has some links to the story, if anyone missed it.

I actually thought it was better than I thought it would be. When i heard about it last saturday i thought, oh hell here we go another Today Tonight type story, but at least they got a few different sides to the story, and seemed sympathetic to the fact that the drag strip would help if it had been approved.

But agreed, headlines like "Need for illegal speed" and captions like "Fast and furious - another friday night of illegal street car racing on Lonsdale street in Braddon. Mobile phones keep everyone in contact as decoys and lookouts help deter police" (placed under a pic that is just basicly a few guys standing around chatting :) ) are very sensationalised. Doesn't help the image of modified cars at all...