SAU Community

My 4 Door Gtr

Hey guys, I have a 4 door GTS-4 with RB26dett engine swap. I am really interested in going the full monty and adding the GTR flared panels to make it look the part (currently it's a sleeper :)). I have been trying to find information about panel swaps for GTS's, anyone tell me if it's easy? Do GTR front panels fit straight on? Does the front door need to be modified? Is there anyway to get the rear panels to GTR? Forgive my ignorance, i'm a newbie :).

hey man, im off ns.com aswell. ive seen your car quite a few times and it definately has some power in it. i know when i first saw it, i thought it looked like another plain 32 4 door. that was untill you opened the bonnet.

im [punk_180] of nissansilvia.com. im currently selling my 180 to buy a cef and get in with the 4 door crowd.

4 door rear pannels are totally different to 2 door GTR.. would be quite difficult to do IMO.

if u notice in the pics below. the rear doors are much different to ur stock ones. much more pushed out to meet the wider rear panels.

From memory only a very limited amount of 4 door GTRs were made or was this particular job a custom - anyone know? so finding doors already like this would be near impossible unless u got them made up as a custom job.

However, front panels and grill/bonnet should fit no probs.

DRFT_ceffy, awesome choice!! Go the ceffy's!! think i met u the other night at that mini MCCR meet, u in Syxti9's new car...

Faaaaaar... that is exactly what I want to do to my skyline, you got anymore info on that car? Mine is just a GTS-4 with RB26dett so yeah, narrow body. Parked it next to a GTR last night at the MCCR cruise and decided I need those panels :).

My car:

IMG_19317_640x480.JPG

ps. i have been trying to find some info on "stock" 4 door GTRs, and as far as I can tell autech only released an R33 one. The autech R32 I _think_ is a 2 door with RB26de (not turbo) and 4 doorish tail lights.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• It's generally best practise to run 1x run without VCT enabled, then 1x run enabled till redline. Overlay the two torque graphs and you'll find the desired RPM to turn off VCT. Sometimes, it might be even worthwhile turning off VCT earlier control torque/cylinder pressure and using VCT purely to spool the turbo.
    • They sell them in Malaysia for about $4
    • First time I ever have issues with Amazon, but my wife often tells me to keep an eye out for fakes. It finally got me. I wrapped up the conversation with Gates. The gentlemen I was talking to seemed to hate his job but the response time on their technical support is outstanding. He stated that the hose is marked with some variation of "SAE J30R10" but that if you only purchase a 1 foot length like I did, it is possible to get a cut between markings and have a blank hose. To no ones surprise, he stated the swelling and "gummyness" isn't normal and to replace/buy from somewhere else (He mentioned NAPA). I'll toss a small end of the new one in gas for a few days before pulling the hanger out again, just to be safe.  Hose should arrive Monday. For those running multiple pump in tank hangers, you know the joys of getting them out and back in. I'm surprised I haven't destroyed my level float yet.  Lastly once I wrap all of this up, I'm planning on hitting the dyno again in 2 weeks while I'm on vacation. I realized recently that my VCT is set to turn off at 5000RPM. I'm surprised it wasn't increased while I was on the dyno last. I'm expecting I can increase it to ~6500RPM, if not more. Should hopefully get another 15-20kw out of it. I also want him to revisit my knock thresholds. I'm occasionally getting false knock around 3000rpm. 
    • I don't believe you.
    • All jokes aside, OP they're just called R32 oem rims as you said. The Nissan engineers back in the late 80's loosely copied the design from the Koya Driftek which was designed and produced about 18 years later.