SAU Community

+15bhp High Performance Power Module

Tangles

Hi all,

Just after a little advice - Ive picked up a $33 Inlet Air Temp sensor, which looks like it advances timing via the ECU.

Its just a little black box with 2 wires coming out the end, and is meant to be fitted up to the IAT sensor, via the loom end......

Q: where is the IAT sensor in the RB25DET engine bay?

Q: would it be safe to use along with an safcII, ebc, r34 gtt intercooler, full turbo-back 3inch exhaust system and K&N pod filter?

Got the product off ebay, so not too worried if it doesnt work as its pretty cheap, but would like to fit it up before I have the Stagea dynoed in a couple of days time.

If anyone could please tell me where the IAT sensor is that'd be great! Any opinons or advcie would be appreciated.

FYI: www.celoxperformance.com for further info on the product, or search ebay australia.

Brendan :P

Sorry, but these aren't worth spit. What they are is a 20 cent resistor that makes the ECU see an inlet air temp of 0deg, causing the ECU to advance the timing and run rich.

Edited by Loop

Hi all,

Just after a little advice - Ive picked up a $33 Inlet Air Temp sensor, which looks like it advances timing via the ECU.

Its just a little black box with 2 wires coming out the end, and is meant to be fitted up to the IAT sensor, via the loom end......

Q: where is the IAT sensor in the RB25DET engine bay?

Q: would it be safe to use along with an safcII, ebc, r34 gtt intercooler, full turbo-back 3inch exhaust system and K&N pod filter?

Got the product off ebay, so not too worried if it doesnt work as its pretty cheap, but would like to fit it up before I have the Stagea dynoed in a couple of days time.

If anyone could please tell me where the IAT sensor is that'd be great! Any opinons or advcie would be appreciated.

FYI: www.celoxperformance.com for further info on the product, or search ebay australia.

Brendan :cheers:

have spoken to supplier of module in UK who have been using one on R33 with good results. Wifes Focus has one and it has better hp and marked improvement in mpg. Have one for Stagea but yet to fit, will post results

R33GTST's don't have inlet air temp sensors, neither does my Stagea. The only Skylines I have with inlet air temp sensors are the R32GTR's and the R32GTST with the RB31DET in it. It has an RB26 top end, so I wired up the GTR inlet air temp sensor. The Power FC handles the tune of course, however the inlet air temp correction table only has 3 settings (default is 70/60/50 degrees) for ignition timing changes. And it isn't rpm sensitive (ie; it's a 2 dimension map). For zero cost you could achieve the same result by simply advancing the CAS.

Plus I have no idea how you are going to fit one on a Stagea, no sensor for a start, no ECU input and the standard ECU has no correction table to reference anyway.

:) cheers ;)

Wont be fitting it up (hey, if there is no air inlet temp sensor than it wont fit up!!). But an interesting exercise nonetheless.

Will put it on the wifes car or handball over to a mate. I put a similar one (cost $12) onto my V8 VR Commodore and did notice a slight increase in power or torque.

But if there is nowhere to put one on an rb25det than thats the end of the story!

Brendan