SAU Community

Gtir Info Required

kema

Motor comes out to do the clutch, gearbox is prone to braking 2 gear or just destroying it self.

Getting old and cost too much for their age, parts are hard to find and expencive, importers dont like bringing them in due to age and limited numbers now of good cars.

gr8 car. ive been lookin into gettin one just waitin for finance to settle itself out. that www.gtiroz.net website is useless as they are an owners club not an enthusiasts club and u can view bugger-all of their site.

Im budgetin to spend approx 16-18k on mine as thats what it takes for a decent one nowadays.

You can usualli find one locally for about the same price as importing one nowadays and the clutches/ brakes and maybe gearboxes are all upgraded for ya!!!

Especialli if your in the eastern states. otherwise if ur in perth/ WA forget about finding one locally.

Paul

POCKET ROCKETS..a good friend of mine has one ..done bugger all to it and got a 13.9 out of it..the clutch did get done in it this week and it was an engine out job..and the gearboxes are a bit of a let down in em..other than that sr20 turbo AWD quad throttle body standard, killer package..they have a steel compressor wheel turbo standard too so dont be scared to wind up the boost

One of my best mates owns one and I know the gearboxes are weak but ones you break something if you replace it appropriately it wont break again. He spent like 5k on a gearbox rebuild and its tough as now, will withstand some mighty power.

I love them to death and will probably get one after the r32 monster of mine lands :)

Greg

My best mate has one... he has had it for just over a year, and it has spent at least half of that time in the workshop. He's blown the stock turbo, two heavy duty clutches, and has had some suspension issues... and the latest, bearings on the gearbox input shaft are packin it in. Its a 92 model with just under 100,000km.

He just drives it too hard, and the turbo blew coz he was running 14psi through it, which was asking for trouble!

My opinion is that if you go easy on the drivetrain, then you should have a reliable car. Theres no need to worry bout the SR20, but when its making bigger power the stock gearbox/diffs/clutch starts to get a bit tired.

Great car in many respects tho... I considered getting one for a while :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

www.gtiroz.net good luck tryin to sign up though the mod shalom made an obstacle course..

i am an EX-owner of the pocket rocket RNN14..

great lil car. cheap as.. and the best SR20 factory engine ever. quad throttles r sweet.. prob with tunning as limited acum in plenum

when buying... get a 93-94model.(personal prefereance) nissan badge at front not P badge. basically if u blow ur gearbox or clutch its engine out. and the stock gearbox is basically a FWD box with a N/S transfer case for the rear tailshaft.. brakes are a bit undersized.. understeers alot due to being front heavy.. remove the front sway bar and get a whiteline rear sway bar... fixes it..

in a straightline ive blow away ferrari's evos STi'S GTR's. few grand on mods makes em quick. u can throw them into corners at high speeds get it sideways and come out on top. handles extremly good once u get the right suspension. very reliable apart from the gearbox but a par set will cost only AU$4000 and very worthwhile. good daily driver too. fairly spacious more than GTR. expect 350km per tank 45L.. and be aware that the thing is noisey.. timing chain solid hydo lifters.. tap tap tap.

my old GTiR had 160kwatw's (110kwatw stock). over 220kw at fly (175kw stock). it quite easially blow my new GTR away.

soon as u get ur's change ur front wheel bearings and exhast/dump and if u can slap on a FMIC the std tmic is good but heat soak takes a toll on ur launches..

Sold mine and got a GTR R32..it is a good upgrade but needs some money into her to make her worthy of the old GTiR..

GTiR was my first and a very good learning toy.. u'll be very happy with it.. it'll get u ready for the big toys.. im 17 and i already got my first GTR ahaha.. u learn from being scared

they r nicknamed.. mini Godzilla.

sold mine for $15000. excellent condition.. new owner did a few high launches and broke gearbox and something clutch related... foolish.

GTiRoz.net is an owners club yes. but u can log in as a guest and get valuable info on them. i guess u havent done ur research. that site is the best site on the GTiR.

do urself a favour and look up the site. u might learn something

One of my best mates owns one and I know the gearboxes are weak but ones you break something if you replace it appropriately it wont break again. He spent like 5k on a gearbox rebuild and its tough as now, will withstand some mighty power.

I love them to death and will probably get one after the r32 monster of mine lands :P

Greg

Monster 32 came, made 251rwkw's on light tune, I sold it and now I've got a gti-r on the way...

Says something? I think so :)

Greg

• 4 months later...

hey mate i got one currently for sale.

asking 12k for it as i am ready to get rid of it becuase i need the money towards my new car...

ther eis not a thing wrong with this car either.

tein coilovers exhaust is about as far as mods go apart from heavy duty clutch!!!

perfect condition...

honestly anyone let me know if thye know someone interested

thanks