SAU Community

Bought A Stagea :)

-FUZZY-

Car was shipped from Nagoya through K Line.

We're in contact with shipping company now, but they seem to want to deny everything, even though we have pics of the items in the car at the port. :)

oh ok...so the parts werent logged before they left Japan? :huh:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would say you have no chance of getting any compensation for that mate... the shipping company isn't going to take any responsibility, they never do, it could have been somebody at the wharf on either end, could have been a tow truck driver, could have been the pest controller... I had wheels and other stuff stolen before, never got anything back.

Your car's looking good, looks a bit odd with the stocko exhaust poking through the massive hole in the rear bar, hehe... but it has a bit of rust?

rust?? on the stocko exhaust or somewhere else? An aftermarket exhaust came with the car, thats going back on once it gets to melb. There's no way l can drive a stock quiet car, drives me insane.

yeah l pretty much know l won't get anything, jsut seeing what they say first.

Edited by NRGIZD

oh.....found out what the rust was.....was some on where the spare wheel sits, and a little bit on one of the side mirrors, supposedly a common place for it.

But it'll be all gone & sprayed before l get it back so all good.

Got stock wheels (and zorst) on it too now to clear compliance & rego .... then back on goes the 18's & zorst soon as its done.

Oh yeah.....ian, l asked him bout the safety pop rivets, and all compliance plates are now stickers, not metal, so it doesn't matter!! :P

Stickers, wow, even easier to move them from car to car!

Mine is a plate, but my mates brand new WRX is a sticker. I noticed a lot of stickers on recent imports too

Pretty stupid if you ask me, to use stickers that is..

• 3 weeks later...

Car is now in melb @ transport co. ready to be picked up!!

Shame everybody is working today or not answering their phone's so l can't get out there.... dammit!!!

Edited by [ STAGEN ]

Oh yeah.....ian, l asked him bout the safety pop rivets, and all compliance plates are now stickers, not metal, so it doesn't matter!! :)

Mine had a sticker as well (and a plate..), and it does still matter - they just won't except a sticker by itself, they will want it stamped in (in Vic). If they don't it just means who ever looked at your car isn't doing their job...

But forget vicroads, wouldn't you WANT it stamped in?! I'm certainly happy to have mine stamped! The guy around the corner from vicroads in dandenong did it for $20...

Ian

Stickers, wow, even easier to move them from car to car!

Mine is a plate, but my mates brand new WRX is a sticker. I noticed a lot of stickers on recent imports too

Pretty stupid if you ask me, to use stickers that is..

they are a single use sticker that cannot be removed in one piece ..they are a huge improvement on metal plates that can be removed and tranfered to another...not so STUPID really ..try and remove the sticker and see what happens...you will need statuatory declaration from from local dot,compliancer,and yourself + $80 to reapply for the plate you will destroy...have fun

What exactly were you refering to with that one? :)

Give me a week or so and l'll post up details, but for now l'll (and VRFour) are prolly best to leave it at that!

On another note, car is great to drive, hopefully have RWC tomorrow, and get it officially registered early next week (though l have my folio presentation so gotta work round that).

Then start bolting on & installing aftermarket parts and a stereo .... damn its boring driving without some music in the background.