Stagea Group Buy Whiteline & Bilstein

Sydneykid

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK I have taken 2 pics and the rear of the car and need to know which one the rear sub frame inserts get installed to, the uper on or the lower one?

As for the front I havn't found where it goes yet?

Any stock pics for the placement of the camber, caster and subframe would be a big help.

post-17478-1128402364.jpg

post-17478-1128402644.jpg

post-17478-1128402674.jpg

OK I have taken 2 pics and the rear of the car and need to know which one the rear sub frame inserts get installed to, the uper on or the lower one?

As for the front I havn't found where it goes yet?

Any stock pics for the placement of the camber, caster and subframe would be a big help.

Simple, I have numbered the bushes in the pictures and numbered the bushes in the Whitleine instrcutions. If you are lucky I have got them right, it is so much easier when I am actually doing it. Please do a quick check just to be sure.

Rear_subframe_005small.jpg

Rear_subframe_006small.jpg

Whitleine_rear_subframe_instructions.jpg

It's a bit hard to draw #3 as it goes above the sub frame, which you can't see in the picture. The bushes that go above the subframe have cuts in them. This is so you can slip them over the bolts/studs and don't have to remove the whole subframe to do it.

:P Cheers :)

PS, I have copied this post into the Stagea Suspension thread, as that is where is really belongs for future reference.

Edited by Sydneykid

OK that Gary, so they all go in the rear of the car non at the front.

Yep, they are REAR subframe bushes, they are used to firm up and align the rear subframe. They don't go any where near the front suspension. That's the caster and front camber bushes.

:P cheers :)

So thats it, you wont offer these again?

I don't know, it's not really up to me. Bilstein won't make Skyline shocks just for Australia, we don't order enough to make it worthwhile them doing a production run. So we have to wait until Japan orders. Nobody knows how long that will take, could be months, might be tomorrow. Plus Bilstein production scheduling is currently 3 to 5 months ahead. So that's the minimum anyway.

If the Bilstein distributor gets enough delivery out of the production run. then I might be able to convince them to do it again. But if they only get a handfull, then they won't want to offer a cheap price. It's a kit deal, so I don't think I will be able to get Whiteline on board without Bilstein.

The bottom line, if you want a set, then order them now, I would much rather SAU guys get them than outsiders. Jamex will hold them on deposit ($100 a shock).

:D cheers :)

Do I only use the 2 small rings and not the large one, for each side.

For maximum rear traction, that's location 2 and 4 as shown in the post above.

I have mine in 1 and 4, for all round performance.

I don't have enough power to have a rear traction problem.

:( cheers :)

How do the camber kits adjust the camber is they are only bushes?

Ill probably get the castor and subframe kits in the new few days.

The crush tube in the centre of the bush has an offset hole. You just rotate it to get the right amount of camber. Then tighten the lock bolt so it doesn't rotate.

:) cheers :)

eta? its been over a month now  :(

Sorry for the delay. Jamex have everything for your kit in stock except the springs, Whiteline have advised production of the appropriate mandrel sizes Monday/Tuesday. So they should be shipped Wednesday. Springs are made in production runs based on mandrel sizes, Skylines have tapered springs, so they need a unique mandrel size for each model (damn Nissan). The Stagea Group Buy just missed that mandrel size run, so we had to wait until it came around again. Just not enough volume for me to push asside the other common springs and demand a mandrel change.

:( cheers :)