SAU Community

A31 Cefiro And C33 Lauel Interiors

DRFT_Crazy

Hey all,

I recently got my hands on a 1989 C33 Nissan Laurel. I want to get the car converted to manual and so far pics of these jobs ive seen done are like dodgy. Due to the foot activated parking brake rather than a conventional hand brake they remove the whole system and then cut the plastic where the handbake would go and leave it likt it is and cut away a section of the automatic transmission cover it looks takky.

Anyway getting more to th topic...I recently saw a few interior pictures of an A31 cefiro and to my amazement they are almost identical. I just want to know if anyone knows what interoir parts from the ceffie fit in the laurel....being based on the same chassis you'd think they would be build pretty much the same. If people could d deffinite compatabilities to this opic that would be great.

Im pretty sure that the centre din slot cover and transmission covers ar the same on both models.

laurel dash fits into a cefiro and vice versa, centre console can be fitted but needs a lil adjustment. Going from the cef to the laurel dash you'll lose a couple of switch slots, but gain a much nicer contoured dash. Don't see any point in goin from a laurel interior to a cef one as the cef's pretty pox.

I have a laurel dash and center console sitting in my garage in Syd, one day I'll take it al out and swap it over. The door panels all line up perfectly too according to the measurements I've done.

laurel dash fits into a cefiro and vice versa, centre console can be fitted but needs a lil adjustment. Going from the cef to the laurel dash you'll lose a couple of switch slots, but gain a much nicer contoured dash. Don't see any point in goin from a laurel interior to a cef one as the cef's pretty pox.

I have a laurel dash and center console sitting in my garage in Syd, one day I'll take it al out and swap it over. The door panels all line up perfectly too according to the measurements I've done.

So their interior mounting points are the same. Thats kool I know that they are based on the same chasis and all but yeh i was just wondering coz when i get the car converted i wanna try and get my hands on the factory standard trans cover for a manual. and being the same interior i can just try looking for a cefiro one coz laurels are hell rare in adelaide. (I havent seen any so to me they are rare):D

r32 manual center glove box consoles fit. the only issue is the surround for the gear leaver. the auto one can be modded though,looks much cleaner than a chopped auto one

its also a a bit of a head ache to get the handbrake working but is doable we used and r32 hand brake.

if you are really keen I reckon you could order one through nissan aust shipping only take around 2 weeks for most parts if they aren't in stock

that was on a cefiro conversion.

meggala.

If I remember I'll take a pic