SAU Community

Why Is It So Hard To Sell A Skyline Privately?

yes, all these are factors contributing to "no sale". ive been trying to sell my supra twin turbo (to upgrade to a skyline r34 :) ). its a beautiful car....black, never been in accident, 60000kms, with the only mods been 17" Volk's and a GReddy BOV, yet i havent had any serious offers. ive put it in Unique cars, trading post (costs heaps nowdays), been tryin to sell it 4 8 months. im trying to sell it for $32000. Dealers selling non turbo AUTOS (auto's, what a waste),for 32000!!! i believe this is a good price but hey the market obviousl dont think so. and another thing, anyone that has come to see the car ended up having no money anyways - stop wasting my time!!!this is annoying. good luck with your sale anyways...

• 2 weeks later...

yeah Car prices gone down bad lately...friend's cousin was trying to get morgage for house..he was driving black R34....can't sell for months..and in desperate attempt, manage to get $27,000 ...GTT.....also recently I saw an Add in paper selling R34 for $25,000 that's just nuts....I got mine for $39,000 and that was a year ago....loosing $14,000 just like that....depressing....yeah I agree with the fuel pricing...

modifications has never increase teh value of the car..that is why it is good to actually buy second hand fully moded car, provided not well trashed...hehehe I think Ima rip off all the modifications and sell tehms eperately on E-bay when I'm selling mine~~

I've been trying to sell my car as well but the type of offers that were made to me were bordering on crazy so i've decided to say f**kIT and just keep my car :)

Couple of things about the market though...

1) Many buyers have NFI about aftermarket parts. They just know it sounds good and have no clue as to what its worth and the effect it has on the car's performance.

2) The car market is pretty down at the moment and one of the reasons which no one has raised yet is the new limits placed on P platers. Think about it... The type of people who are likely to buy Skylines are the younger crowd and those with more funds have to resort to buying NA Hondas instead of our turbo Skylines :D

Stupid government! Grrrrr >:(

Took me around 10 weeks to sell my VR BT1 Commodore (unbagded SS), V8 with super low kms, and nicely modified. Too many time wasters out there, and ridiculous offers. So had to strip out the stereo and whatnot, and finally it sold (for a stupidly low price).

Disheartening. But its the way the market is at the moment.

Anyways, Ive got my Stagea and couldnt be happier, as I got it for an awesome price! Works both ways I guess......