SAU Community

R33 GTSt coming, RS turbo for sale ***SOLD***

G'day All.

My 93 model R33 GTS-t manual sedan is about to be put on the ship in Japan, the compliance plate is secured, the papers are being processed & I expect to be a fully-fledged Skyline driver within a few weeks.

Now I've just got to sell the trusty (& Thrusty) 93 model Subaru Liberty RS turbo wagon to pay for my new toy.

Anyone interested?

It's done 150,000km, drives beautifully & is completely original and unmodified.

Let me know if you or someone you know is looking for one of these & we can talk details.

Cheers - Sven.:uh-huh:

there is a for sale section on here! u might have more luck there!

and if your cars just getting on the ship in japan now, its gonna be way longer than a few weeks till it arrives

Thanks Inasnt, I noticed the for sale section after I posted this notice.

Hopefully it'll get seen there.

As far as the Skyline goes, how long would you predict it would take to get here?

The importer says 8 days on the boat to Brisbane, about a week being complied, another couple of days on the truck to Melbourne then maybe a few days more for good measure.

All up, just under 3 weeks. (remembering that the compliance plate is already in hand & the papaers are now signed & in Canberra).

Is your experience different to that?

from japan to brisbane would take longer than 8 days if its comin on 1 of those big freight boats. Customs is what wastes alot of time. How did u get it complied without having it in Australia.

when my car came from Japan I think it took 15 days on the boat... then sat in customs for 3 weeks (well only 20 days) and was cleared with out a hassle apparently. complience took only three days, but the engineer (who signs off that the work has been properly done) only came around once a week, so it was another 6 days before he came back... then had to book an appointment for the third teir inspecting with the RTA (not sure how melb works on this one) and wait another 4 days for this. all up form the day it left Japan it took 6 weeks and 6 days untill I was able to take it home and put it in my drive way. And everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to ship it anywhere... one problem along the way can be big delays.

Hope this helps... I remember what this time was like for me... it'll kill you waiting!

No, bugger it - keep chit-chatting about compliancing.

It's all new to me, so I'm keen to hear about other people's experiences.

By the way, the compliance plate has been kept aside for me at the compliance place in Brizzy & the documents are now with the Vehicle Safety Standards people in Canberra getting signed off.

So, I'm told, it will all go pretty quickly once the car gets onto the boat.

But I won't count my chickens until they hatch in my garage!

Guest Pearman

Hi sven laptop, All,

I was interested to read that your car arrives in Bris first. I live in Brisbane, do most cars come through this port?

May I ask who you are dealing with? a Brisbane Importer?

I'm looking to buy an R33 but I'm not sure on the idea of importing/buying a car that I haven't seen, taken for a test drive, etc.

Any comments, recommendations, contacts for importers, etc…

Thanks

Pearman

Originally posted by sven laptop

No, bugger it - keep chit-chatting about compliancing.

It's all new to me, so I'm keen to hear about other people's experiences.

If your that keen on other peoples experiences,,,try posting in another Section,,,you will get a lot more comments than in here,,,,.Please read the Rules.

Have a great long weekend.

Neil.

G'day pearman.

I don't know if most cars come thru Bisban. (it's my 1st time importing), but the reason mine's going there is that it was the closest plaxce to Melbourne that still had a compluiance plate available for a R33 GTS-t.

So the guy who's organising the import arranged for the compliance to be done there, then the car will be put on a truck & sent down south.

By the way, I'm using J & H Car Imports from Romsey, Vic.

As I say it's my 1st time, but they come highly recommended & clkaim to have been importing from Japan for 16 years.

We'll see how they go when the car arrives.

Cheers - Sven

*** PS: The RS Turbo is now SOLD.***

Originally posted by Pearman

Hi sven laptop, All,

I was interested to read that your car arrives in Bris first. I live in Brisbane, do most cars come through this port?

May I ask who you are dealing with? a Brisbane Importer?

I'm looking to buy an R33 but I'm not sure on the idea of importing/buying a car that I haven't seen, taken for a test drive, etc.

Any comments, recommendations, contacts for importers, etc?

Thanks

Pearman