SAU Community

Boost Solinoid

bazz

hi guys im not too sure whether the t pice goes into the top of the boost solinoid or the bottom :s? and help is really appreciated especailly if theres pits :rolleyes:

Hey bazz. I believe the bottom to be the inlet and the top to be the outlet. This is how mine is and it is working fine. :rolleyes:

hi guys im not too sure whether the t pice goes into the top of the boost solinoid or the bottom :s? and help is really appreciated especailly if theres pits :P

If you're talking about the standard factory fitted solenoid then it shouldn't matter which way around you connect up to it. It's just a valve that opens at 4800 RPM.

Simon.

Ive been fiddling arround with mine and I think the solenoiod is stuffed.

Basically no matter what configuration ive had the hoses on it overboosts spasticly.

I know for a fact that when i had my ebc solenoid installed but in the off position that the boost stayed a consistent 7-8psi.But with the controller on no matter what i had it set to,boost was virtually uncontrollable.

Atm the pressure hose has the T peice in it venting into the bov return pipe,this also leads to the top pipe of the boost solenoid.And the wastegate actuator running from the bottom pipe of the solenoid.This way ive found is the best config for me as it holds boost then a tad longer than any of the other ways ive had it configured.

The only other thing that ive been thinking about is should i disconnect the plug.Ive been told that if the computer is not sending a signal to the solenoid that the solenoid has a preset 5psi.

Still id like a concrete answer if any1 can give it.I tried last week and had a few replys but their ways of plumbing all turned up no good.

Should i put another T on the wastegate side and ditto what ive done to the top pipe?