SAU Community

New Import Laws

Zdenko

Are you going to keep your mid ninteys R33 for the rest of your life are you? If not im sure you, like me will one day want to upgrade right? hence id want a newer import... and id want to be able to do it with a little hastle as possible...

THATS why the new scheme is a big deal.

car prices will always go down.... its just the way it is... sure with the new laws the might hold for a lil bit... maybe even go up a touch... but the bottom line is pricese will always decrease...

Oh and im going to lease my next import through the business :D

hehe

I do get what your saying though.

well it's a big deal for me cos i want to import a R34 GT-T in about 7-8 months. Luckily R34 compliance costs are already fairly expensive, and it won't go up too much. But i have to find a mod-free car as to avoid the extra costs of removing them all. Plus the whole process is apparently going to take longer, quite a bit longer.

don't baby our automotive industry by pratically killing off the import one. Make it easy for cars to be imported, give ppl the choice when it comes to buying a car. Let them find out there are better cars for less money, then let the car makers in australia catch up to world standards. Be pro-active rather than re-active. In the long run it will be worth it bcos australia will be producing world class cars because they were forced to catch up due to relaxed import laws.

/end bitch about government.

my thoughts from another place - i signed the petition last year
Originally posted by zdeno  

i dont understnd  

wont the laws increase the prices of our cars??? and it wil also hold there value  

i kinda like the new laws

Perhaps it will increase the resale values - but I signed it to help the guys who are trying to get a car [now]!

And what if "we" want or need to buy another car, are you happy to pay perhaps, several thousand dollars extra for what will essentially be the same car passing through different legislation [red tape]?

Some of the laws have already wiped out small business' which can be seen as good for some while bad for other's.

Good: stops the dodgy operators bringing in crap cars?

Bad: too costly for [the honest] small business to adapt / meet requirements of new RAWS?

It all depends on how you look at it i guess, maybe we don't really know what the full effects are yet?