SAU Community

Leaking Fuel

Kristov

Hi guys. Just filled up my car (r33 gtst) at the servo went to pay and when i came back i noticed that there was a small puddle of fuel under my car unsure where it was dripping from as the were multiple places where it was dripping from. But safe to say near the fuel tank area.

So i was wondering does the car have an overflow system of some sort as i filled it up competely or is it a more serious problem. Also when i got home it was completely dry around the area and hasnt been leaking. Cheers

could also be the vapour line. With my R31 (may she rest in peace), there was a split in the vapour line, right near the main filler hose. Get under and check your lines for splits. It only leaked liquid fuel above 3/4 of a tank, and them some fuel on an angle after that, then it was mostly vapour.

i had this issue after i had changed my fuel pump. the black screw thingy to fuel cell was on crooked and not tightened up properly so when i was filling it to the top it would just overflow and come out on the ground under the car. you can get to the fuel cell cap undere the parcel shelf, undo the square panel and check the black o ring, its about the size of a small pizza. very hard to take off, lots and lots of turns

Could be you overflowed at the filler neck and the excess fuel drained away from the filler housing.  Leaks dont usually stop until the fluid has all drained away.

Keep an eye on it thought

Cheers

Is the filler neck housing the hole under the opening for the fuel nozzle? If it is im pretty sure that i didnt spill any fuel when filling up. I will deffinately be keeping an eye on it though.

i had this issue after i had changed my fuel pump. the black screw thingy to fuel cell was on crooked and not tightened up properly so when i was filling it to the top it would just overflow and come out on the ground under the car. you can get to the fuel cell cap undere the parcel shelf, undo the square panel and check the black o ring, its about the size of a small pizza. very hard to take off, lots and lots of turns

I had changed my fuel pump a few months ago and checked that it was screwed on tightly but it may have been removed by my tuner as he wanted to check to voltage at the pump. But this was weeks ago and havent had a problem like this before. Still i will check it is done up tightly. But if it did leak wouldnt it leak into the boot? Also i only just filled up my tank fully yesterday (done alot of driving) and had no problem and just filled up today and suddenly this.

yeah if its loose then it leaks onto the ground. the fuel cell is not sealed into the boot, only the maitenance access panel is. so if its leaks it leaks fuel on the ground, and over the diff and suspension which is lovely when its nice and hot :P