SAU Community

Boost? Difernt Readings?

DriftSquad

hey i installed a boost gage today and it seems to read higher then the stock boost gage? do u guys have the same problem?

my stock 1 is just under 7+

and the new 1 is 0.7 bar

i duno if its reading rite? and isnt 0.7 a little high? i havnt boosted the car up at all all its got is a Pod, cat back and a bov?

also whats standard boost for an R32 GTS-T?

thanks!

Just under +7 as in just under the line or the actual print +7?

If just under the print or .7bar (10.15psi) sounds right.

My stock boost with a full 3" is 11psi.

Some with a 3.5" have seen 12psi.

Edited by Cubes

I had a friend install it on his VL, it would only hold 10-11psi or so, stock boost on those are around 7.

I'm putting the turbo on tomorrow with the bleeder, I suspect it will tail off at high rpm as my dump pipe is not the best.

I'll be getting a split dump made up when I drop the xr6 turbo on around xmas. I've got a vg30det bb ceramic turbo going on to keep me happy until then. :huh:

It should only need around 11psi to make ~200rwkw.

The boost gaauge on the dash reads in mm/hg or something have a close look at the gauge its written on it, and your boost gauge reads in PSI so is different.

Stock boost runs around 7-8 psi

I picked up the vg30det turbo for $300 or was it $350.. :P It was some time ago.

I wouldn't put a VG30 turbo on a RB20DET, I've done it in the past and it was a bad match. The turbine housing is too large for the little compressor.

A RB25 turbo is a much better match to the RB20DET, it has a slightly larger compressor wheel than the vg30det turbo and a slightly smaller turbine housing. On small motors you want to keep the turbine housing as small as you can.

The VG30det turbo will make the same power as the rb25 turbo BUT there will be less area under the curve on a small motor.

The RB25 turbo vs the vg30det turbo on a RB30DET, the vg30det will have more area under the curve as the motor will rev harder and not flatten out at the top end. as much. :)