SAU Community

If You Had $35k To Spend..

RB24 would sure be a weapon, but you have to listen to the points Sk makes - he knows EVERYTHING, if he says it, odds are its right :cheers:

Edited by Stagea RS-Four

we have a custom paint shop, dyno pack rolling road, full engine build shop ect ect, so keeping the car running wouldn't be a problem to be honest.

So you have the cash, "the paint shop", the dyno, "full engine build shop" etc, yet you have no f**king idea how to build this engine thats not the right one for the job anyway?

I should move over there and set up shop methinks.

EDIT: just saw you went the right engine afterall. well done

Edited by Flipmo

350bhp with responce would be ace.

SR20DET with GT2530, 230-240rwkw (~350hp at engine) with *awesome* response

easy :)

good to see you went the right way and got the sr20 heh.. if your adventurous and have the money, which it seems you do, you can get the TOMEI SR stroker kit and stroke it to 2.4L - then run a GT2835 for even more power with around the same response as the first setup with the GT2530

edit: for more info, head off onto one of the silvia forums, besides ns.com :)

Edited by mokompri

I've decided to do the RB20DET, not RB24 it, going to spend alot less, down to the fact this has to be a car for the company not just for drifting, i still have my other RS13 which is a drift car so it don't matter if this is not as good. Its more the trick factor.

I need a GTR style Plenum? any ideas were i could get something like that?

Yeah go a s15 front cut conversion like JMS in australia have done.

The SR's are proven too produce the goods and they are still within the weight/handeling capabilities of the cars supension systems.

A full blown sr will munch the RB at drift duties.It has a better flowing head,alloy block! Put quite simply it is a modern engine where as,sorry to say this guys,an RB20 is vitually a dinosour.

If you had an R32 then it would be a different story id say.Then you would start looking at Rb25's/26's.

You will want a light nimble car with loads of on tap power to burn on call mid way through a corner.

What sort of gearbox have you chosen for the car.Custom ratios all the way baby.

As i say the engine has been moved back into the bulk head so it should be very good. As for suspention i'm running on Coil overs so spring rates are interchangable.

Its goign to be built up with TD06 20G now anyways, started ordering th parts yesterday.

THE thing i need the most, is a custom intake plenum? does anyone know were i can get one from, i have money waiting!

unique autosports in sydney <--click here.             

OR

subzero in brisbane.

Please tell me i'm wrong on this, but looking at there RB20/RB25 half plenum (no runners)

skyplazplenum2.jpg

Don't the RB20DET runners have the back two out of line??? so this wouldn't fit. do RB20 and RB25 stuff fit the same to the head?

I mean do i have to buy this then find a RB25 runners?

Edited by superclarkey

let me start by saying nice choice, i am a bit of a fan of the rb24 and will be building one in the near future, BUT like sydney kid stated i think your goals are a little off for starters are you after 500bhp or 500rwhp (as you stated 500bhp at the hubs?) as there is a big difference and i think both are a little high for what you NEED to go drifting (drifting isn't ruled by hp) i think a figure more like 400 to 450bhp or 340 to 380rwhp would serve you well and should be able to be gain with decent responce. The first turbo that comes to mind is the GT3071R as featured on the ATP web site on a 2.4 litre motor making 400bhp and full boost by 3000rpm

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release051404.htm

with the motor your building you might even get away with the GT3076R

As for the motor configuration i know your got the money to throw at it but it really doesn't need alot of big dollar engine parts to do what you want reliable.

New R34GTR Crank $1100 aud (good to 10,000rpm and seen 900bhp+)

New N1 oil pump $560 aud

GTR rods with new arp rod bolts (again seen run 800bhp+)

Tomei forged rb24 piston

Tomei gasket kit

Nismo main bearing

Nismo big end bearing

Solid lifter kit

Cams 260deg 10.25mm and adj cam wheels

600cc injectors

Nismo fuel pump for gtr

APEXI pfc and avcr

Z32 afm

gtr intercooler (i would not go big as its not need and would only hinder responce)

Greddy 48mm radiator

oil cooler with relocator(brand etc doesnt really matter)

you'll need to do some nice custom work aswell

exhaust

plenum

head porting

obviously you can buy nicer name brand gear but i just stated what i think you need to achieve your goals and the let over money might be wiser to be invested in suspension, diff, gearbox, brakes, cage etc the gear you really need to be a good drift car.

my2c

pete

Lol, Its a case i know what i want to do with the engine, but i've got to convince the person thats funding me to also want to do it. I'm defo doing RB20DET at the moment, i picked up the crank yesterday from Abbey, New GTR34 Crank paid for out of my own pocket, because of the time scale to get this car ready for its car show at the NEC birmingham in Jan, something must be kept simple.

pnblight thats a nice spec and something i was very much looking at. I wanted a GT3071R turbo from ARP but i can't afford it under budget at the moment, so Greddy TD06-20G is were its at.

unique autosports in sydney (just contacted them they do not sell plenum for the RB20DET, RB25 only)

OR

subzero in brisbane. : can someone help me find a contact please for subzero as i can't find a website for them.

The plenum is the most import item at the moment, the engine will not fit without it, so please help me track one down.

MAny thanx