SAU Community

Havung Some Trouble With My Gtr

I was driving home about 10 minutes ago and I gave it some stick, (in the legal speed limit of course) and all of a sudden my car started to sound almost like a WRX.

Even when it's idling and I tap the pedal.

And it had lost a lot of power

There was no smoke at all and temps where all normal.

My car is standard apart from a zort and panel filter, and 10 PSI boost.

It's a 1991 model with 140KMs on the clock.

The motor it self is only about 33,000 KMS old.

Making 221Killowatts at the rear wheels.

Also the mechanic noticed oil was leaking from the back of the second turbo which was due to be repaired with in the week.

I’m not that experienced with GTR's so this is a bit of a worry to me as I have not long owned the car.

Any help would be great.

Edited by Zardos

Well, if you are really worried about the motor you need to do a compression test. But probably the easiest place to start is to pull the spark plugs and replace any that look fouled. If you have a compression gauge you can check that at the same time.

yeh happened to me too! was driving, then all the sudden car was sounding that a wrx. i thought it was mad at first but realised it lost alot of power n didnt feel the same. did compression test, found out one of the spark plugs was gone, so it was pretty much running on 5 cylinders..

yeh happened to me too! was driving, then all the sudden car was sounding that a wrx. i thought it was mad at first but realised it lost alot of power n didnt feel the same. did compression test, found out one of the spark plugs was gone, so it was pretty much running on 5 cylinders..

What number cylinder died on you?

When i change my coils i am going to also change my turbos. One of my turbos is leaking oil, (second one) which are still under wantry so iam going to get both checked and if needed get both re-built. Which iam going to sell them because i am going to get a pair of N1's and change ECU while iam at it..

If any one is interested in buying them PM me...

What number cylinder died on you?

When i change my coils i am going to also change my turbos. One of my turbos is leaking oil, (second one) which are still under wantry so iam going to get both checked and if needed get both re-built. Which iam going to sell them because i am going to get a pair of N1's and change ECU while iam at it..

If any one is interested in buying them PM me...

it was the third cylinder... thats wat the compression test showed...

well when i had those checked out, i also found a rattling sound inside the engine. apparently tensioner was worn out n loose, needed replacing. also i had to change one of the cams coz it was cracked and change timing belt. these cars man... haha