SAU Community

Shock Reconditioners In Perth?

ix9

Hey guys,

Has anyone got thier suspension shocks reconditioned in Perth?

I've got Nismo S-Tune Coilovers and they've started knocking in the rear lately, thinking they possibly need to be rebuilt?

If you've had it done what sort of prices am I looking at?

Cheers,

-Kym

Looking at getting my JIC coilovers rebuilt by Xspeed...they said about $760 per end (about $1500 for all 4) so I guess they could do your Nismo's too.

If you find anywhere else that is cheaper let me know :P

Yeah to TSR in QLD as dsturbd said

If they knocking might just be the pivot ball in the top hat on the rear

strict9 If you find a local post it up, there was local that was rebuilding coilies here and muffing them right up

They've done many pairs for me they are tops

Resealin leakers $140ea Reseal and reshaft $300ea

Looking at getting my JIC coilovers rebuilt by Xspeed...they said about $760 per end (about $1500 for all 4) so I guess they could do your Nismo's too.

If you find anywhere else that is cheaper let me know :P

Ouch!! That's expensive. I sent the coilovers from my GTR (Toda Fightex) to Wilkinson's, they were pretty shagged out, got them back 2 weeks later and my bill was only $860 for all 4.

My Ohlins shocks have just given up the ghost in the rear, So I bought genuine GTR shocks and springs for $200 for the pair swapped them over in like 20 minutes yesterday.... Ride is a lot softer in the rear, Now looking to get the rear two shocks resealed. So now looking for someone to reseal them.Wilkinson's could be a green light, but I will shop around.

Mike

Ouch!! That's expensive. I sent the coilovers from my GTR (Toda Fightex) to Wilkinson's, they were pretty shagged out, got them back 2 weeks later and my bill was only $860  for all 4.

cool...where abouts are Wilkinson's?

Have you got them back on? are they nice and solid again?

Its really only my rears that are stuffed like Mike_R32_GTR's...rear bounces down the road like an old yank tank :D

Wilkinson's are in beechboro, but they have really long hours. I dropped mine off at like 7:15am and they were open, and i think they're open until 6pm or thereabouts at night.

Yeah I can't complain, they are an awesome set of coilovers though, full aluminium struts, these babies were designed for the track not the street lol but they are great. They felt awful when they were leaking, and the car handled like absolute s**t. My rears were the main problem, but as so much on the car had needed fixing / replacing I decided to get all 4 done so I didn't have to worry about them.

I had a little issue that was fixed by wilko's for free, they honoured the job as the shocks had been rebuilt only 3 months prior, one of the coilovers started leaking, the fault had nothing to do with wilkinson's, but I think whoever rebuilt them in the east may not have aligned something perfectly, or something little like that. I dropped it off and it was ready to be picked up 3 days later, can't complain about that!!

No problems in any other respect, and the coilover that was sent back again has been a charm ever since. I would definately recommend wilkinson's, their service was excellent and I found them to be very helpful :blink:

Edited by randominsanity73