SAU Community

An Idea On Relocating The Air Filter

SuAvE-1

Hey ppl,

For the ppl who have an r32 gtst,

I was thinking the other day, what if once you got an aftermarket intercooler with new piping and removed the old intercooler, if you had a pod that was getting hot air, could you run say a flexible corrugated pipe from the AFM through the old intercooler piping vent, and then sit a pod down in there.

It would be recieving a lot of cold air, i can't imagine any water getting to it if you have you guard from the wheel well, and it would be out of sight for cops.

What do you reckon? Has anyone done this before? If so, give us the details!

BSUAVE

i was going todo this setup on my vl, never quite got around to making all the piping up, i think the cops arent that stupid, and would follow the piping down, and it would actually still get wet, water ... and dirt

Hey ppl,

For the ppl who have an r32 gtst,

I was thinking the other day, what if once you got an aftermarket intercooler with new piping and removed the old intercooler, if you had a pod that was getting hot air, could you run say a flexible corrugated pipe from the AFM through the old intercooler piping vent, and then sit a pod down in there.

It would be recieving a lot of cold air, i can't imagine any water getting to it if you have you guard from the wheel well, and it would be out of sight for cops.

What do you reckon? Has anyone done this before? If so, give us the details!

BSUAVE

It's been done a few times, a better idea wich alot of people do is position the pod over the old intercooler pipe and run the ducting from the hole in the front bar to the old intercooling pipe hole. This will get heaps of cold air pointed towards your pod and even get some cold air into the engine bay. Also in you could make a box around the pod then you would truly have a c.a.i(edit) setup which would be ideal.

Edited by Dynamix