SAU Community

Chewed Up A/c Belt

JR32_4DR

hey guys i am having problems with my R32.

i have just recently changed my a/c belt because it was all chewed up on the outer side of the pulley. now my new belt is starting to wear aswell in the same spot right on the edge. rips about 2mm off the edge off the belt all the way around.

as far as i can tell the pulleys look pretty alligned by eye sight so i dont know what is the prob. is this a general problem or just bad luck.

all help appreciated.

Check right around the complete circumference of each pulley that the belt runs on.

From the sounds of it it might be rubbing on a possibly damaged pulley.

Failing that, also check to make sure their isn't any stones bedded into the grooves on the belt, possible pushing the belt off the ridges on the pullies and rubbing.

thanx.. post it up when u can find it.. my old compressor seized in japan.. so they took the belt off.. now i am working to get the aircon back up again, so need a new belt... and possibly the tensioner bearing too..

new from nissan is buckets..

I bought a 2nd hand one which seems to be in decent condition for $50.. Not sure on the cost of a reco..

Its not the easiest thing to get to, so a workshop will probably charge a couple of hours labour to remove and refit.

Depends on the problem.

If it was just a leaking seal or faulty clutch it would be worth repairing, however if the valves inside are jammed, stuffed, clogged you will probally find a new unit is the only way.

A new AC compressor is fairly big $ too.

Might even be worth finding a cheap s/hand one from a halfcut someone doesn't want. That way if its buggered as well, you haven't lost much, however if it works, you have saved probally hundreds of $

hmmm... well its in the workshop at the moment so i will have to see i asked thme to see if they could find out what was wrong and if it would be better to get a second hand or reco, but im pretty sure its seized bearing caus eof the way it snapped the last belt so i might start looking