SAU Community

Help Needed!

hey guys

i just got my r32 gtst and having a few problems. First thing, when i drove the car home, the car just switched off by itself in the middle of the road. The only sign i got was the gauge on the right, above the temperature gauge, had the red light on for 2 secs. the second problem i have, is a very squeaky clutch. Everytime i depress the clutch, it makes a loud squeaky noise from the outside, nothing serious right? and now i got this other re-occuring problem. Once when i drove it, the car sounded like a wrx, n loss alot of power. found out i had faulty spark plugs and a faulty coil pack. Problem only occurs after car has been driving for 5 mins. now all new spark plugs put in, and the faulty coil pack is cool. now when i drove it again, the same prob happens, 30mins into the drive after everything is all fixed. car loses alot of power, and some weird 'rattly-clicky' noise is heard during idle. i dunno guys. any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by mrjelly

:D hmmm.

red light is the oil light.

if it is cutting out it could be a number of things. does it splutter then cutout or just switches of?

ratteling sound is not good. check the crankangle sensor. does it have a black rubber cap on it with a mitsubishi logo or a alloy plug

if its the alloy plug one id say the bearings are gone(quite common)

if it cuts randomly id say airflow metre.

if it sortof breaks down higher up in the revrange as you give it some its the crankangle sensor.rusty inside.

if its a hard to start id say the fuel pump.(need a presure guage to comfirm)

does it make a graunchy noise when you play with the clutch.

it could be the spigot bearing in the crank (heaps loud and shakes everything)

or the throw-out bearing for the clutch. (more of a consistant uniform noise)

hope that is some help

thanks dude,

well the squeky clutchc noise was just a joint or something that needed lubricant.

the weird noise from engine bay is apparently due to a new belt that was put in (possibly timing belt) that needed time to just n re-adjust.

as for the engine switching off.. i dunno.

at first they thought coz the engine was idling abit low (approx. 800rpm) which is normal anyways i think.

well they tried increasing that but it didnt help.

i found out specifically when it happens now.

ok,... when i drive it and trash it on a straight, then when i come to slow down, i will clutch in and gear down while braking... but b4 i get to throw it back into 2nd gear, u know how the revv meter falls back down to idle rpm when ur clutched in while trying to change gears, well this is where it happened.

the engine switches off suddenly, with no warning or sound. the steering locks up and oil gauge warning light is lit.

pretty dangerous huh?

apparently someone said that bcoz the injectors were just recently cleaned out, the throttle lid or something is looser coz its cleaner, n will fall back easier.... something like that, i have no idea.

:D