SAU Community

Nics & Eccs Whats The Difference?

rbz31

hey... sorry to continue this topic but i didn't want to start a new thread and wanted to attract the same people....

just wondering... does anyone noe where i could source out a wiring diagram for the NICS engine, or a 1986 200ZR????

Any info would be awesum!!!!

Fanx heaps...

JT

does anyone know where the butterfly actuator is on the nics manifold?

can the silvertop intake manifold be bolted onto a redtop head?

no you cant use a silvertop plenum on a nics or redtop head as they are a 12 port head and the silvertop one only has 6 ports, an the butterfly rail is right next to the head, you need to remove the whole plenum to get them out

hmm all very interesting. I have a 88 cefiro. It has a silver top rb eccs. But i've heard it has a different ecu to a r32, it has a 128 bit ecu as opposed to a 256 in the r32.

The plenum and rest of the motor looks identicle to a r32, but i suspect it has a slightly smaller turbo, has it didn't quite pull as hard as a mates r32, and its rated at 150fwkw as opposed to 160 for the r32.

Anyway, what i'm keen to find out is how you guys with the early rb20 eccs, like mine, got a tune. Cause can't get a pfc, did you's replace with a wolf or microtech, or just get your ecu flash tuned?

• 2 weeks later...

""can the silvertop intake manifold be bolted onto a redtop head?""

Um it actually can and is a popular mod in Japan. Just because one head is a twelve porter and the other a six doesnt mean a thing. The RED top eccs has a 12 port head but only has a 6 runner inlet manifold.