SAU Community

Afm Help

japhearse

Gave it the boot on about 80 it took off then just died when i pulled over it would idle for a few seconds and stall. This happend on my r31 when the afm died on it so i tried the old fix for that on the stag disconected the afm and it went into limp home

Gave it the boot on about 80 it took off then just died when i pulled over it would idle for a few seconds and stall. This happend on my r31 when the afm died on it so i tried the old fix for that on the stag disconected the afm and it went into limp home

Limp home doesn't prove its the AFM. For example if the throttle position sensor dies and you unplug the AFM, it will go into limp home mode. Just make sure it is the AFM by checking the output voltage with a multimeter or a Consult. If it is the AFM, I would always try cleaning it (with spray on brake cleaner) before I chased a new one.

:( Cheers :P

Crisis averted pulled the top of the afm and found 2 dry solder joints one on the outut terminal. Pulled out the trusty weller and bang its idling better than it ever did.