SAU Community

Finally Got It...

thedriver

Thought I'd pipe up and show you a pic of my new car... 98 Stagea RS Four S with Dayz kit, 45000 original kms.

I picked it up last week and have alreay taken it for a coast trip. Amazing handling, even at 160+kmph with a couple of hundred kilos of dive gear in the back. . . I LOVE IT!

Anyhow, here's a pic...

post-17581-1131622941.jpg

I got it from the lads at Northshore Prestige Motors (http://northshoreprestige.com.au) at Balgowlah. What a great team, they went to every effort to ensure I was looked after. Thanks especially to Ben and Adam. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Edited by thedriver

Very nice, I might have to get a wagon myself soonish.

I've been looking for a good compromise something practical yet still fun.

The RS four S isn't a compromise at all from what I gather.

Could I be rude and ask roughly what $$ range a mint example like yours might be found for?

The RS four S isn't a compromise at all from what I gather.

Manual.. yes. I couldn't drive anything else. And after having it for a week, i have realised how little of a compromise it is... the only thing I compromised was not having a sunroof , which I really wanted. :D

I test drove a Liberty GT with it's auto box and hated it. And the box on the Stagea feels great. I'm really considering a short throw shift kit too, or maybe a 6 speed box from a R34 GTR (if it fits).

It was advertised for $30k - had a very minor scratch and dent on the rear bumper, which was repaired for purchase. Obviously I didn't settle for the sale price and negotiated a little.

It also came with the Xanavi TV/ climate control touch screen system. It's mostly in Japanese so I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm hoping to flash the ROM to make it English. I need to contact Xanavi first, anyone got their email address??? I can't find it on their website.

Also, I leased my vehicle through CBFC - Russel Stroud. Awesome to deal with, so easy and basicly the only company that will lease an import, even a 7 year old one. And they have some of the best rates around!

Sounds a great deal mate..very nice indeed

cheers for the info are they hard to find in a manual?

I'll try and track one down in vic for a test drive, could be just what i'm after.

cheers for the info are they hard to find in a manual?

Not the easiest, they mostly come in auto, you'll pay a premium for a manual, but i think they are well worth it.

There a silver one in the gold coast which also appears to be in awesome condition... http://www.motovationimports.com.au

Check out their inventory... i sort of wish i had bought that one!!!

Great buy - well done.

Damn, Im now wishing I bought the grey 1999 model with gold 18in rims, for 26k, that I was seriously considering (tiptronic Neo - cant drive manuals, Im way too tall).

But then again, my 1997 model was under 18k, so thats given me the opportunity to go sick & MODIFY it!!! :D

Brendan

Hey mate, you'll have to bring it out one friday night. the ACT SAU guys meet up at the Museum most friday nights, i'm usually there. i'd love to see what a manual stagea looks like, cheers
Sounds great Terminal. I'm diving for the next three weekends though, so I piss off on Friday afternoon. After that though, I'll be up for it.

It's not too different to the auto's I think. Handbrake is on drivers side of gear lever, and that's probably it... Damn it drives nice though. I don't have the options for selecting different road surfaces, like snow gravel etc.

cant drive manuals, Im way too tall

How tall are you???? I'm 186cm and don't have a problem.

Yep, right the first time.

My name is Tee, we had a chat about your Stagea a month or two ago outside your shop. I was the guy that saw your Stagea outside and asked if I could check it out.

And now, I'm also the super proud (and amazed) owner of car above.

My name is Tee, we had a chat about your Stagea a month or two ago outside your shop. I was the guy that saw your Stagea outside and asked if I could check it out.

And now, I'm also the super proud (and amazed) owner of car above.

Well done. By the sounds of things it appears the car has met all your expectations - congratulations.

Marc2