SAU Community

R32 Ball Bearing Turbo

what the hell are u on about?

as merlin and a few others have already said.. stock R32, R33 and R34 turbos are ALL ceramic NOT ball bearing.

wtfs a ceramic ball bearing turbo?

why do you think the most common upgrade is TO a BB turbo like the VG30?

OK OK OK FOR ALL THE NEWBIES OUT THERE THIS IS IN NO WAY SAYING YOUR ALL DUMB ASS's

ok.. r32 r33 r34 standard turbos ARE ALL BUSH BEARING with a CERAMIC EXHAUST WHEEL

and also from memory.. a vg30 turbo is bush bearing aswell :P

any other info feel free to ask

Wazz

r32 turbos are bush bearing and have a metal rear and ceramic front, same as series 1 r33 turbo's, series 2 and on are full ceramic as for which ones are ballbearing? not sure, but i know r32 turbo's aint ballbearing standard, r32 turbos handle the most psi, followed by the r33 s1 turbo, fact being they have metal rear wheels and i can confirm this ive pulled shit of my car many times, ive even ran my stock turbo at 20 psi by accident for a few days and didnt realise and ran fine! lucky for my cooling, just waiting for my stock r32 turbo to die but it just dosnt seem to want to go! lol it has almost no shaft play!

but that said..

the turbo in that pic has been high flowed, it has a twin metal front wheel, its not standard looks the same as what is sitting in my wardrobe which has a $1100 highflow done to it. meaning ballbearing and full steel wheels! so u should think about increasing tthe price son :rolleyes:

Edited by nemz