SAU Community

damn lock nuts!

_turtle_

hey guys, i just removed the centre cover of my alloys and found that its got a bloody lock nut and i didnt get the key with the car! so theres no way to take of my wheel in case i have a flat or something. i actually wanted to check out the brake pads. was wondering what can i do? i can't be bothered with a lock nut or anything because no one would want to steel my poor alloys. i think i can get it drilled out? any ideas? i dont want to pay a fortune either just to take my wheel off.

thanks

Mag wheels and stud's don't like to be hit too hard!, if all else fails I would find someone with a mig welder and weld a big nut from the inside to the lock nut and then remove it cause you might end up damaging the thread or the mag if you bash a socket on the lock nut but it might work if done right, and you would also have to get the nut out of the socket every time or use 4 sockets!

Bob jane sounds like a good idea too cause they would have seen this before! and might have a few keys.

MEGA

P.s if you weld to your car remmeber to disconnect the battery!

thanks for the reply guys. i used the socket trick and luckily the bolts werent on that tite and i got them off. went to autobarn and bought some normal nuts for $1.00 each. im happy now. at least i can get the tyres off if i get a puncture or something.

next time i buy a car i'll make sure i get the lock nut key as well.