SAU Community

Stagea Noob

illusiVe

just bought my Stagea today,

(tiptronic turbo + RB25DET, dual sunroof + lether interior, snow, awd lock etc etc..)

dunno what else its got lol

pick it up next week.

couple of questions:

1)how the funk do u open the boot from within the car?

2)just wondering what performance mods you would recommend and order to do them in, maybe $7000 limit.

3)i want to get hydrolics on it for the ladies etc, time for me to go not just speed but f0 sh0 just wondering how much i could expect for that to be installed :)

4)whats factory boost on these cars and how high can you SAFELY boost them

5)how much power can the factory autobox take, im thinking of maybe EVENTUALLY hitting 250awkw :)

6)cops still pick on you at all or do they just think your cars a wagon? :D

thanks.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats wrong with having a car like that which u can drop to like 3cm off the ground :D

mini trucks dont know shit..thats why i wanna teach em :)

i'd happily trade my HKS coilovers which come with the car for a good set of hydrolics or airbags..nfi what one would be better overall (airbags or hydro)

coilovers are soft as actually..just a bitch to change settings

Edited by illusiVe

you don't open the boot from inside the car, simple.

Any performance mods do a search in the skyline sections for anything done to an R33/R34 engine and you'll find plenty to spend your money on. i've spent about $10k on mine already and just done exhaust, FMIC, suspension, bodywork, wheels and stereo.

just bought my Stagea today,

(tiptronic turbo + RB25DET, dual sunroof + lether interior, snow, awd lock etc etc..)

dunno what else its got lol

pick it up next week.

couple of questions:

1)how the funk do u open the boot from within the car?

2)just wondering what performance mods you would recommend and order to do them in, maybe $7000 limit.

3)i want to get hydrolics on it for the ladies etc, time for me to go not just speed but f0 sh0 just wondering how much i could expect for that to be installed :)

4)whats factory boost on these cars and how high can you SAFELY boost them

5)how much power can the factory autobox take, im thinking of maybe EVENTUALLY hitting 250awkw :)

6)cops still pick on you at all or do they just think your cars a wagon? :D

thanks.

1. You dont. It is like any other wagon.

2. Normal for Skyline, pod, zaust, cooler, fuel system, high flow turbo..... and the list goes on.

3. Airbags? Seriously I wouldnt have a clue.

4. Same as Skyline, 7psi. If you read around somepeople reckon 14 psi (1bar) and some people dont. I ran my old r33 on 12psi most happily for about a year with no problems, depends on how hard a life it has had before you took ownership I guess.....?

5. Dont know sorry, SK is prolly most qualified to answer that ;)

6. First night I bought my stagea went out cruising and for some unknown reason we ended up in a known defect station area, and wouldnt you know it we were locked in and they were defecting the crap out of all the cars exiting the carpark. When it was my turn the officer asked me what type of car was it, I replied, "It's a volvo 850S." so he told me to go on my way :) Just lucky I guess.

But still if you are doing something stupid in any car, I would expect to be reamed by the police.

Oh and Welcome to your new aDdIcTiOn :)

Welcome to your new aDdIcTiOn ;)

I second that!!!!

Well done on your fine choice.

Airbag suspn? Stuff that, if you've got the cash for that then you're better off buying the whole Suspension Package offered by Sydneykid here on this forum, for around $2000? plus fitting.

The rest is normal, more air and more fuel plus bigger (hiflow) turbo = more power.

Cheers, Brendan

half of the reason i bought this car is so i can get it low low low to hollar to dem ladies ;)

and i know if i have it riding in the coilovers i got which came with the car around 3-5cm off the ground

1)cant get outta my driveway

2)cant get in my driveway

3)cant go over speedhumps

4)cops = defect

so if i have incar adjustable i can just change it how i want when i want it :P

also had a dream about my car last nite...mmmmmm

the hills it boosted up were soo fkn (70deg atleast) steep (gotta love dreams)

Airbags/hydrolic suspension = tow truck up here in qld if the police pull you over.

I have seen it happen a few times now, once to a pimped out chaser and to a big bedford van, mainly because the laws up here you have to have it engineered and it must not be able to be set higher or lower than the manufacter's specifications of normal operating heights.

You do realise that you have to put all the hardware for running these sorts of suspension somewhere?

Dont get me wrong, if I had like $5,000 to blow it would be nice, but seeing your $20,000 car being towed off to a police holding yard isnt very nice.........

1)can't

2)turbo back exhaust, SAFC2/DFA, EBC, sway/strut bars, bush's, brake upgrade, etc..

3)Hydro's are illegal in every state of australia, but airbags/airstruts aren't, long as less you dont' have to cut away anythign to make them fit. You want airbags or airstruts (l haven't had time to look to much into the stagea suspension yet). To properly set itup, you'll be looking at the best part of $5K. If you want it to lay out, then expect that figure to double or possibly tripple. there are plenty of suppliers & fitters of kits, but good place to start is www.airbagit.com , who have suppliers in every state. I'd also talk to a registered engineer in your state bout them.

Those that say its not a mini truck, check out the US scene. Guys have had cars/wagons, etc.. on bags for that long its not funny. I know my other car (a hatchback) will be getting them once we finish on the new bodykit.

4)7psi stock. Wouldn't push much more than 12psi (pending a/f ratio, fuel pump, etc..).

5)Depends how u drive the car, drive like a f*ktard and it'll be lucky to handle 170kwatw, drive it hard at times but respect it and you'll be able to through a lot more through it.

6)NO!! cops don't even give my car a second look which is awesome, but l'll see if l say the same thing once the 19's, exhaust & big rear wing are on.

Edited by [ STAGEN ]

6)NO!!  cops don't even give my car a second look which is awesome, but l'll see if l say the same thing once the 19's, exhaust & big rear wing are on.

i have 18's dish, exhaust and big rear wing. cops still look at me, but i think they're just trying to figure it out. i haven't been pulled over in it yet.

Re: the cops - I took a wrong turn one night when leaving a friend's house one night (apart from getting to his house, I don't know the area very well as I rarely travel through there), and cops were doing RBT near his house.

They were set up under a bridge due to light rain, and as anyone knows, going under bridges/overpasses/through tunnels makes your car sound a whole lot louder... Anyway, I'd only had the car about a week, and I had to go past these cops due to the wrong turn I'd taken, and then I realised which way I was heading, and had to do a u-turn to go back the way I'd come. My car is LOUD, and I panicked as I drove past them the first time, slowing right down (just in case they decided to call me in to RBT me), and feathered the throttle so it would make less noise.

Huh, they didn't even take a second glance. I went and did my u-turn to go back towards familiar roads, drove past them again, and... NOTHING! :)

Gotta love a street-sleeper!

I have had one speeding ticket in the Stagea, they pulled me over didn't even check the car over, I have a BOV at the time too.

Me too, got a stupid speeding ticket the other day in Quenbeyan, and both the cops couldn't care less about my car.

As for the mods, I can't give you any answers but I can give you encouragement.

Others here might say, don't be an idiot, do this or do that...

I'd go for it, the air suspension sounds great - it's some personalisation and creativity.

I'm organising with an installer to put an injected LPG system to replace the fuel on my car and I also want to add a vertical door kit! Think it would really suit the lines of the Stagea.

Had a few people telling me i was being a cheapskate wanting to do the LPG, but it's unique. AS would be the same for your suspension. I'd imagine the Japanese would probably have a multitude of kits for it though - they do some wild things to their cars.

cool, just looks like engine = exact same as R34 GTT and that runs at 10psi i thought and u dont want to boost it past 12 :)

either way ill bring a boost gauge to the car yard, install it and ill be going weeeeeeee and ffftish :)

u think anyone has done 32/33 taillights on a stagea yet? *drools*

Edited by illusiVe

When are you picking it up, illusiVe?

Seen that car a few times when I've driven past JAC, but never bothered to stop and have a look because of the colour. I like to stand out, but not that much!

Cheers and congrats, might see you around some time.

Nick T.