SAU Community

Traps In Buying A R32 Gtr? Help?

If you don't have money to throw towards a decent example GTR and maintenance you may be biting off more than you can chew.

Assess what you want from a car and see if the GTR fits the bill. I know a fair few friends who can't handle cars that need alot of maintenance attention. << You have most likely taken these into consideration I know.

I love mine :D

haha yeah i know a fair few as well, ive seen a 14second Laser AWD Turbo be destroyed but somone who really didnt care for the car and ive seen what happens when people dont look after them.

Im gonna b lookin into them alot more before i go spending that much money on one.

thanks for all this info by the way guys. its helpin heaps.

I have 3 words for you,

Maintenance, Wash, Repeat :P

maintenance on a high performance engine is critically. Sometimes you will forget and say to yourself "when was the last time I did a fluids (engine, gearbox, diffs, cooling) change"?!

One thing I notice with my GtR when doing the gearbox oil the other day is that the front left and right hand side jack points are damaged :P

spend more and get a clean example, and allow for some serious maintence. cars complied under sevs or raws scheme are "generally" better, although ive seen some poor examples of both. get in contact with a workshop that works on gt-rs and pay them for a decent inspection. and i hope you like gunmetal grey!!!

yeh i am in the same situation as well looking for a r32 gtr and i was wondering how important is the number of kms on the engine.

i mean if the car has over 100000kms on it does that mean that its gonna go some time soon even if it has been serviced regularly?

Go for a drive in as many GTR's as you can. You will soon get a feel and be able to tell which ones are good or bad.

Obviously the tidiness of the car is important, but if the engine, trans and suspension is in good order. It is much cheaper to clean up a GTR cosmetically than fix things wrong with the rest of it!